South Florida Babies

tmi question...

is there a difference between a bloody show and losing your mucus plug? 

ok, yeah, tmi, but...

i've been having that rubber cement, thick cm for a few days now... not a whole lot, but definitely something new.  i read on 3rd tri that i *could* be the mp (someone else asked) but i alwasy thought the mp was tinted red or was accompanied by spotting... i've got neither. 

oh, and dude.  the gas i've been having has been TERRIBLE.  one moment i'm having a severe contraction, then 10 min later i feel like i'm having a contraction and it's gas.  i have no idea what's what or what's happening to my body anymore.

uuuggghhhh lol

Re: tmi question...

• yes losing your MP can happen weeks before you deliver.  Bloody show is a sign of imminent labor.  2 different things.  Sounds like what you are having is the MP.  I had that too.  I was induced so I never got the bloody show.
    image image

• sounds like mp. I lost my mp a couple of days before going into labor. It was like this thick blob of yellowish mucous. The day I went into labor, I had a bloody show, which I thought was my water breaking b/c there was blood and lots of wetness. turns out that was just mucous too, but just very thin. I started having contractions about 4 hours after having the bloody show.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never had either and i went into labor on my own at 37 weeks!
  • I lost my mp the day before I went into labor.  It came out in one piece and looked like a clear glob of gel. The next night I started having contractions and my water broke in little spurts that were tinted with blood.

I didn't have any contractions at all until I started labor, whereas I've heard of people having them for several days before real labor begins.  If yours are timeable, your Dr might want you to go to L&D so they can hook you up to the monitor to see what's going on.

How exciting....it could be any day now!!

• thanks, everyone!  i never went through all of this lol  man, labor with abby was so simple compared to this! 

i've been having really bad contractions, but they're not timeable.  they're like every hour, hour and a half or so. 

i still had my bet on having a valentine's day baby!!  let's see if I'm right :-D

• imagebritishbride05:

i still had my bet on having a valentine's day baby!!  let's see if I'm right :-D

that would be cute!:)

I lost my mp about 4 days before my water broke. And it was how you described!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebritishbride05:

I was also betting on this! My money's still on a V-Day baby!!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"