Infertility
Options

"Couples Retreat" reviews... spoilers...

Hey Ladies

DH bought Couples Retreat last night and I was so excited to watch it.  I LOVE Kristin Bell, and when I heard it was IF related I was even more excited to see it. 

So its not that I disliked it, but I thought it felt pieced together.  I think that they tried to include too much background info on all four couples and by doing so they skimped on some of the most important parts.  It just felt like it was going in too many directions and some of the parts were actually boring when they were trying to make them funny.  I think the best actor in the whole thing was the little boy (so cute!!)  Im still glad that we watched the movie, but I guess I thought it was let down from what I anticipated.   Anyone feel the same?  Anyone disagree and loved it?

Re: "Couples Retreat" reviews... spoilers...

• Options
    It was cute, but not that great...too many complicated storylines all crammed into a short amount of time :(
  • Options
    I had posted about this week about it. I was excited that it was IF based but was diaappointed in the movie.I love Vince Vaughn and didnt think this was one of his good movies. Too bad.
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We watched it last night because we needed an escape from worrying about IUI #2.  So, we were not pleasantly surprised when we came upon the IF storyline.  We can't escape IF anywhere!
  • Options
    We just watched it last night and both of us laughed out loud when they said they were getting a divorce because the stress of trying for 12 mos was too much for them. Try 4 yrs!!!!! lol I actually blogged about it today!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

wow funny I didn't know it was IF related. DH wanted to see it at the movies and somehow we missed it. So we decided we'd try to rent it outta the redbox tomorrow and watch it for valetines day. Thanks for the heads up it's IF related

• Options
    I thought it was fine and funny but decidedly in the "stupid movie" genre.
  • Options

Funny, we just rented it last night. I actually thought the movie was pretty hysterical. I had no idea it was IF related and at first was annoyed that I had to watch something about it, but since the infertility wasn't the primary focus it made it easier for me to watch.

I don't think it was the best movie I've ever seen, but I would definitely recommend it to a friend. 

• Options
    We rented it on Friday night....the day of my BFN.  We had no idea it was IF related and when that part came up DH got really worried and looked at me to see if I was ok.  I just smiled and we continued to watch it.  It was ok...could've been more funny though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"