Long Island Babies

New Mommies living in the North Shore (or close by)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone in the area. Would love to get a group going where we can e-mail/chat and maybe even meet up with mommies and babies. Tell us a little about yourself and your LO! Copy and paste so we can all get to know eachother! Smile

Name: Jaime

Baby Name/Age:  Hailey/6 weeks

A little bit about me: I have been married 2 1/2 years to my wonderful husband. We lived in Long Beach for a little while before moving here to Plainview. I grew up here so I was glad to be back! I teach 5th grade in Queens and really enjoy what I do. This is our first baby and it has definitely been an experience. Hailey was born early at 34 weeks and only 3 pounds, We welcomed her on Thanksgiving! She was in the NICU for 21 days and has been home for a little over 3 weeks now and is doing great! Being a new mom is definitely a tough job but oh so rewarding! It's definitely been hard being stuck in the house during these cold winter days!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New Mommies living in the North Shore (or close by)

• Hi!  I don't live on the north shore but I am fairly close to Plainveiw. 

Name: Megan

Baby Name/Age:  Noah/3 months

A little bit about me:  My husband and I have been married for 1 1/2 years and we moved to Merrick from the city 6 months ago.  I am the first one of my friends to have a baby so I am definitely interested in getting to know other moms on long island.  Before having Noah I was a physician assistant in the NICU at Columbia but gave up the job because I would rather work part time.  I'm glad to hear Hailey is doing well! 

• Hey Megan...Merrick is definitely close by! I love the name Noah...that is my nephew's name too.  Are you currently working? I'm off for a little while longer but then I will be going back although I am not too sure if I really want to. I would private message you but I have no clue how. If you want e-mail me at jvine82@aol.com or if you have facebook I am on there too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey! i live in Glen Cove. Currently PG with my first. H and i have been married for just under a year and a half. im a SAHW/M since my BFP Dh works in manhatten on the west site in the auto industry

we moved here from queens and we really have had a hard time meeting new people and couples. most of the time anyone we meet that is around our age are still going out club hopping or still single. im 26 dh is 29

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When are you due?? I work in Queens in Bayside. What part did you move from?? Yea, there is definitely no club hopping going on in this house lol. We're around your age also...i'm turning 28 and dh is 31

• Hi!  We live in East Meadow - right between both shores - but Merrick and Plainview are super close.

Name: Jennifer

Baby Name/Age:  Due in March

A little bit about me: Moved from Queens a little over a year ago - DH is originally from LI - married for 2 1/2 years.  I still work in Queens - aiming to take 6 months off.  We're both 32 - definitely has been tough to meet new people - hoping to expand circles through playgroups etc!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVine07:

When are you due?? I work in Queens in Bayside. What part did you move from?? Yea, there is definitely no club hopping going on in this house lol. We're around your age also...i'm turning 28 and dh is 31

dh grew up in bayside, i grew up in whitestone

• Name: ChristinaLocation: Floral ParkBaby Name/Age:  Aidan 4 1/2 and baby boy #2 on the wayA little bit about me:   Even though I have an older son, I don't really know anyone with babies around me.  My dh is 30 and I'm 26, so most of our friends are still out in the party world too!  I can't begin to describe the different world my friends are in, but I think you guys know. I teach in a middle school in whitestone and dh works from home.  Mostly, I'm just really excited for this little one to come in june!
  • imageclutza81:
    Name: Christina Location: Floral Park Baby Name/Age:  Aidan 4 1/2 and baby boy #2 on the way A little bit about me:   Even though I have an older son, I don't really know anyone with babies around me.  My dh is 30 and I'm 26, so most of our friends are still out in the party world too!  I can't begin to describe the different world my friends are in, but I think you guys know.  I teach in a middle school in whitestone and dh works from home.  Mostly, I'm just really excited for this little one to come in june!

Please say its JHS 194!

we are in the same area of life as you. friends are in different places in their lives and its really hard to meet new couples to be friends with

• it is definitely 194!  Is that where you went to middle school?  i wonder if any of your teachers are still there...

It is hard...like with my son, so many of the parents are significantly older...like 20 years and its not to say that they aren't nice, bc they are, but there are still a lot of differences when you have a 46 year old friend and one your own age...

i don't want that to sound like anything against older moms, because I think age is not a factor when it comes to good parenting... 

•  agree with you! thats so funny that you work at 194, what a small world! we got married at st lukes down the block from the school. i miss whitestone so much!!

i 100% agree with what you are saying. a lot of the people i know with kids are in their late 30s early 40s and none of them have newborns.

Would anyone be interested in getting together for a cup of coffee one day/night?

• i would def be interested in getting together!  Especially, this coming week I'm off for winter break.
  • This is such a great venue to meet people! ?I live in Bay Shore...even though it's south shore, it's not too far from all of the towns mentioned. ?I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child. ?We are so excited and can't wait until June gets here!! ?I am a speech pathologist in a school here in Bay Shore.
  • not sure if anyone is still on this board, but I live in Great Neck.  My son is almost 10 months old, and would looove a GTG.  If one gets started, please post it!!!
  • Iam in Franklin Square my daughter is 11 weeks! Iam on the younger side Iam 20 ha , but looking to meet some moms! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"