LGBT Parenting

And the fights Begin.

So today we heard back from the doc with the this week blood test and the numbers have almost tripled and every thing esle was great... But when I called to tell C what the nurse had said she got pist and asked why didn't she call meSuper Angry... I was totally thrown back her responseSurprise. I told her I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it but I am the one who needs know as well as you. Now from the start I knew she would get jealous from time to time and I also read it in the "Lesbian Guide to Pregancy" book that the partner feels push to the side so thats why I made sure she had the upper hand in everything so she wouldn feel left out. Has anyone dealt with this in there relationship. Help

Re: And the fights Begin.

• I'm confused. Did she think the nurse was going to make two calls? Or that she was just going to call her? You are the patient so it makes sense they would call you, and also they can't disclose your results to her under HIPPA regulations unless you sign a waiver.

Hopefully you two will find a balance that works for your relationship so you don't have any added stress during this time.

Good luck

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecymru:

I'm confused. Did she think the nurse was going to make two calls? Or that she was just going to call her? You are the patient so it makes sense they would call you, and also they can't disclose your results to her under HIPPA regulations unless you sign a waiver.

This 100%.  Unless you sign a HIPPA waiver the nurse would can not call her.  You are the patient, so  unless you arranged it ahead of time the nurse is only going to call you.

If it's really a concern and she feels like she needs to be on the phone at the same time, perhaps you can work out a way that you two get on a conference call and then call the nurse directly.

But don't worry, you will find your balance.  Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No she wanted them to call her. Since she has been doing all the calls and taking care of all the major decesions. But I did sign a form stating that they can tell her any and everything. She just felt out of the loop I guess... It just I have been going out of my way for her to feel in control and have her say so, so she won't feel out of the picture.  

• That doesn't sound good at all.  Maybe you two should try talking to a third person (maybe a counselor) to get both of your feelings out in the open.  Being pregnant and having a newborn is very stressful and you are going to need each other.  You should not be having to worry about protecting her feelings, you should be a team in this life adventure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"