LGBT Parenting

My MIL is hideous

MIL may not come to the baby's birthday party.

I will save details for the blog but in a nutshell she said she doesn't feel the same way about "this" (the girls/adoption) as my family does and doesn't want to pretend.  Ahh, the truth comes out.  Then, to distract from her ugliness, she listed a whole bunch of random "concerns" as a way to try and justify itConfused   I fail to see where DW's career choice is at all relevant to her decision to, or not to, attend a child's birthday party.

She is entitled to her feelings but I would prefer that she was honest.  Don't use your ridiculous issues, dressed up as concern, as an excuse not to come.  Just say I am a horrible, selfish, disgusting, petty person and can't bear to step outside my own misery for two hours, not even for my own daughter, let alone hers.  That is a whole lot closer to the truth.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: My MIL is hideous

• How awful! I thought things were better since your moms got together a month or so ago - no?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally sucks.  Sorry to hear it.

Our future baby will never meet A's mom, which would make me sad, but for the fact that she is a horrible person and I wouldn't want her influencing our little one at all anyway.  But it is sad to think about. 

• Loading the player...
  • Two- We did too! She started acting weird when we told her it was looking like this could be forever. She didn't even congratulate us :-( 
  • imageDuchess1:
    Two- We did too! She started acting weird when we told her it was looking like this could be forever. She didn't even congratulate us :-( 

Wow, that is truly awful of her.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that negativity.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How sad for her. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly sad for you ladies too, but she's the one who's going to REALLY miss out. I can't imagine the level of misery she must feel inside to want to avoid a celebration of a child's life. Totally beyond me...*hugs*

• imagethefamilyway904:

How sad for her. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly sad for you ladies too, but she's the one who's going to REALLY miss out. I can't imagine the level of misery she must feel inside to want to avoid a celebration of a child's life. Totally beyond me...*hugs*

ditto. i'm so sorry :(  We're having a similar experience w/ my FIL...he recently referred to Sprout and Rosebud as "our commitments". i dont think he even knows their names.  I don't know whats wrong with people sometimes!

• I'm sorry hon. From the sounds of it the girls are better off without her influence. And you don't really want to be worring about her enjoyment at the party. Forget about it and focus on the celebration of your little sweetheart.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagectbride08:
    ditto. i'm so sorry :(  We're having a similar experience w/ my FIL...he recently referred to Sprout and Rosebud as "our commitments". i dont think he even knows their names.  I don't know whats wrong with people sometimes!

Ugh! What is so hard to "get"??

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagectbride08:

"our commitments"

Ugh  Tongue Tied

• Duchess and CT - I am so sorry that there are people in your families who are less than accepting of your LOs.  Hang in there - we are all here to cheer for all that you are doing to help those dear LOs.  And hang onto the family members who DO support you.

• Just out of curiosity, those of you who are having IL problems, did you have these problems before the kids?  Do you think it's because you're gay or that they are not your biological children?  My MIL is fine with me now, but she didn't like me much when the wife and I started dating.  I just wonder when we have kids how she will be and God Forbid if anything happened to Rustie would she pull anything weird...just wondering.

So sorry for what you're going through, we shouldn't have to struggle with people to be happy.  : /

Ariane

Together since 12/7/02, Married since 10/7/06, TTC #1 since 6/2010
    July 2010 IUI #1 with Follistim - C/P
    September 2011 IUI #2 Natural - C/P
    April 2012 IUI #3 Natural - BFN
    June 2012 IUI #4 Natural - BFN
    July 2012 IUI #5 Clomid - BFN
    August 2012 IUI #6 Gonal F - BFN
    August 2012 - forced break due to cyst image
  • CT- Ouch. I am so sorry, that is awful. FIL said "those children" once. WTH is wrong with them?!?!

achapple-  My MIL has always had an issue with me, with us.  She is fine for a few months and then gets upset again.  It's been  back and forth like this for years.           I hope your MIL stays okay when you have children.  We made sure we had lots of protections in place when we got married, just in case.

• I don't undertand how some people can be so selfish and rude. You would think she could put aside her opinion at least for a few hours in order to attend the party. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, I hope eventually she will come around. 
    Our NEW Blog
    Married my best friend 5*15*2008 Trying to start our family 8*2011
    unmedicated iui#3= bfp 10/20/11! beta#1=11, beta#2=85, beta#3=741,beta#4=1000,beta#5=2146,beta#6=7454 *please keep doubling* imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • is your MIL my MIL?  Same, same, same... she called this week for a reminder of my due date and where I'm giving birth.  Umm, my due date is 2/26, thanks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"