South Florida Babies
Options

il vent.

i will preface this by saying I understand people have ways of dealing with loss and some people are uncomfortable or have different ways of showing sympathy.  And I'm sorry if this may come out as flame-worthy, but I need to get it off my chest and i can't talk to DH b/c it'll just make him upset.

however.

when i hear my mom crying on the phone because of how hurt she is that my in-laws haven't bothered to even call her after my uncle's death... yeah, that sucks.  Both Dh and I thought that they had called... I expected my sil not to call... But my mil and fil??  My mother and father called both of them when they lost their parents.  And it's not like they don't know my uncle- they spent EVERY thanksgiving with him over the past 6 years and saw him at all the family get togethers.  My mom's family is small- so it's not even like we have 50 people and they would've gotten confused or anything.  I guess I understand not going to the service- some people are definitely not comfortable with that; even though we have to do things we're uncomfortable wtih all the time,  even if it's not pleasant.  But not even a phone call?  Or a text message?  Or sh!t, even a fb message, since that's how MIL mainly communicates? 

To hear my mom that upset and hurt by them just makes me even more angry and I'm trying to play the devil's advocate, giving them the benefit of the doubt, whatever.  But it's still pissing me off.

thanks for letting me vent.  I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with it, but I honestly just needed to get that out.

Re: il vent.

• Options
    I agree with you, that's sh!tty.  I think DH should say something to them about it.  Maybe it was an oversight? 
    image image

• Options
    I'm sorry :( You don't need to validate your feelings, if it makes you sad than there IS a problem and it's painful to feel like others don't care or take the time or effort to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsLeanna:
    I agree with you, that's sh!tty.  I think DH should say something to them about it.  Maybe it was an oversight? 

i just mentioned to him that my mom was wondering why they hadn't called... i didn't get into how upset she was or how upset i was.  and... he's incredibly pissed.  he said ihe's calling them tomorrow and that he thought they had called since they said they would.  that family is not exactly the best at keeping their promises, though.  ugh.

• Options
    Ugh! I hope it gets resolved.  Sucks that you need to deal with that on top of everything else. 
    image image

• Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but your IL's are some piece of work! (to say the least). And you are so brave for keeping your mouth shut!
  • Options

imageMrs. Aleman:
    I don't mean to be rude, but your IL's are some piece of work! (to say the least). And you are so brave for keeping your mouth shut!

aye, brig, this is like the icing on the cake, my friend.  they have absolutely not manners. 

• Options
    If your IL's were MY IL I would have NO IL's. Is it okay to just give them the big F U and say its your hormones?
  • Options
    Jenny, I don't think there is any way to excuse the lack of a simple phone call. Your feelings are totally justified! I would be so hurt if I were you. They should have at least called. I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of everything else. I hope they come to their senses and at least apologize. ::hugs::

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

my mil never called my mom when my grandma passed away - and yes, they spent many many holidays together too and knew how important she was in my family. as mentioned in my prior mil vent: some people have no tact.

im sorry. try to explain to your mom that she doesnt need their sympathy, its really not worth it.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, Jenny :( I agree, I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut. You have some control that I obviously can't even think of having. I completely think both you and your parents have every right to feel hurt and upset. That was really rude of your IL's. 
  • Options
    well, i told dh that if they don't call, i don't know if i'll be able to bite my tongue at my "sprinkle" on saturday.  yes, it's my mini baby shower, but i will definitely start some sh!t with mil that day... hormones!  lol  especially since noone from my mom's side is going (except my mom and sister.)  i won't have to bite my tongue
  • Options
    I am so sorry Jenny. Your IL's sound incredibly aggravating. It is sooooooo hard when you know that your family would be the first to do the right thing if your roles were switched, but *they* can't live up to expectations. So disappointing. I am glad that Peter is taking your side on this and is speaking to his family (as he should!!!!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options
    Ugh. People deal with grief in strange ways and many people are uncomfortable about it but your ILs knew your uncle...an they should have called. I am so sorry that you guys are dealing with this on top of your uncle's death. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is just plain rudeness on their part.  I hope your DH says something to them.  WTF!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry:( And I'm sorry your IL's are being so sucky. ::hugs::
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Jenny,

I'm so sorry about your uncle, and I am really sorry that your in laws are being so inconsiderate.  That would bewilder me.  

Tania

• Options

I'm sorry, but they are behaving like douche bags.  You're nice for letting DH handle this.  I would just blame my hormones and call them myself.

• Options
    It's terrible that you have to deal with this crap on top of everything else.  Your IL's sound very inconsiderate and uncaring.  I hope your DH says something to them.  There really is no excuse - a card, an email, a phone call, something?!
  • Options
    jenny-- there is no excuse for your ILs to be acting this way.  I would definitely say something....even if you shouldn't (trying to be polite...sc$w that). 
  • Options

You have every right to be upset at your il's! It's unacceptable. When Gary passed my aunt who not only lost her son but lost her husband to cancer did not even have the nerve to pick up the phone to say that she was sorry. She did come to his services but still of all of my family members I think she could relate to how I feel the most right now and she totally disrespected me.

But there are a lot of people that do not know what to say. But a simple I'm sorry for your loss does wonders. Shoot if they can't even do that at least send a card, or flowers, something! Family is family and I'm sorry but your il's are idiots for not saying something. I'm mad for you Jenny. Grrrrrr need help knocking some sense into them??? Big Smile

• Options
    Oh and I'll gladly admit that when my mil came in from talking to her TWIN about when Gary's services were going to be held and she told me that they were NOT coming down I completely lost it. His reason was money, I'm sorry but when its family you find a way to at least send 1 family member. Ok I'm making this into me. But I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. When it comes to a death in the family it really brings out those family members that truly do care and those that couldn't give a rats a$$. Those are the ones you write off for good!
  • Options
    Wow how rude! If your IL didn't want to speak on the phone they should have at least texted or FBooked (not really appropriate but better than nothing). I am sorry you are going through this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"