3rd Trimester

2.5 cm dialated and 70% effaced

OK, so I just went to the Dr and this is what my internal showed. She seems to think I'll be having the baby this weekend or very soon after that b/c the head is so low. Has anyone else gotten this information and labor still hasn't happened?

Re: 2.5 cm dialated and 70% effaced

• I'm 80% effaced but not dilated at all...bummer.  You never can tell though.  You could go tomorrow or you could remain like that for a week or 2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, I am still here and I'm in no rush either. I've been 3 cm and almost 100% effaced for a couple weeks now. Dr.s should really stop telling their patients they will go into labor soon because not all women will. Don't get your hopes up! I was really anxious when my midwife told me that, but I've learned to calm down. I'm taking it one day at a time.. internals just give numbers and don't mean much. You could walk around like that for a couple more weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been 2-3 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced for almost 2 weeks now. I have an appointment tomorrow so let's hope for good news.
  • I've been gradually dilating/effacing.  My Tuesday appointment I was 80% effaced and 3cm dilated but my doctor will never predict when I'll go into labor b/c it could always go either way.  I've been contracting constantly for the last week and a half.  I've given up trying to predict or thinking "today's the day" just b/c I keep getting disappointed!
  • I was 2 and 80% at 34 weeks. I've been 4cm and 90% for the past 2 weeks - baby is still at -2 station. Lots of irregular contractions so she could show up anyday or still be many days away. So unpredictable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"