3rd Trimester
Options

Lawsuit against Johnson and Johnson

Thought you'd want to know this since you are all about to become mommies.  I wish I would have known this with my first two.  We recently made the switch to Arbonne baby care products for LO and I'm so glad we did after reading this!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/Keller-Rohrback-Announces-pz-982845509.html?x=0&.v=1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lawsuit against Johnson and Johnson

• Options

Wait - I'm confused.  If these products are known to contain a cancer causing ingredient that has been banned, why are they not recalled and how are they still on the market?  That doesn't really make sense does it?

Arbonne products are great - I love their loitions and such for me and will probably use their stuff for the baby too.  I just wish they weren't so expensive!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebuckeyeki:

Wait - I'm confused.  If these products are known to contain a cancer causing ingredient that has been banned, why are they not recalled and how are they still on the market?  That doesn't really make sense does it?

Arbonne products are great - I love their loitions and such for me and will probably use their stuff for the baby too.  I just wish they weren't so expensive!

No idea why they aren't being recalled.  I don't know if it's all of their products or if it's just the specific ones listed.  I checked all our J&J stuff because we just switched to Arbonne a week ago, and the stuff Ihave doesn't have it listed.

Ditto about Arbonne being expensive.  It was $30 to get the lotion and baby wash and it doesn't have that nice baby smell, but it's safe and natural so I'll suck it up and spend the money.  If it gets to be too much, I"m sure there are other natural things I can use on LO that might be less expensive.  My sister uses Burt's Bees baby stuff, but she just became an Arbonne consultant, so she's switching.

• Options
    imagebuckeyeki:

I was wondering the same thing.  Apparently they have been trying to get this lawsuit going for a while. 

• Options
    I guess I'm hesitant to believe this since there's not been a recall. People have used this shampoo for years ...

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    Nice...I was just given a bunch of this stuff at my shower...I guess its all going in the trash
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    If it's not recalled then why throw it out???  How many things now a days cause cancer.  I swear everything!!!
  • Options

I read about this awhile ago - not sure where - and took J&J off my registry because of it. 

Apparently the bad chemical isn't something they add (thus it wouldn't be on the ingredient list), but something that is a byproduct of the bottling process (or something like that).  A bunch of bottles were tested, and I think many but not all contained the chemical.

Sorry I can't remember where the info came from!

• Options
    Wow thank you....though I am so confused at why the baby shampoo would contain this chemical but not the baby lotion....it's strange....especially if it were a processing thing.
  • Options

Plenty of baby products on the shelves have ingredients that are known to be harmful...but don't fall under the regulation of the FDA for one reason or another. For example "fragrance" which can include neurotoxins or carcinogens depending on what exactly they use (which the companies don't have to declare).

You can run all baby products through the Skin Deep Database, to see how they stack up and what chemicals are in each. It's pretty interesting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    imagehomebird:
    I guess I'm hesitant to believe this since there's not been a recall. People have used this shampoo for years ...

This - though the bottling process could've changed since then, I guess.  I'm using California Baby, regardless... and damn that stuff smells nice, lol. 
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagehomebird:

This. It would take more than an attorney's advertisement trying to get people to join their class action lawsuit to get me to not use these products. They've been great for years. I plan to keep using them.  

• Options
    there has been allegations since before DC#1 was born in 2008 about this. .  i do check out skin deep too for baby products and everything.  i also question about the fact that we use them for years and nothing has been reported prior. . maybe they have changed manufacturing processes or maybe something else. . who knows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"