Washington Babies
Options

Looking for a midwife

I've decided that my OB isn't the best fit for me and I'm researching local midwives. A friend referred me to Suzanne Thomson. Do any of you know her?

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Looking for a midwife

• Options
    I used the midwives at the Puget Sound Birth Center...they are FANTASTIC...but if you want to give birth in a hospital that may limit which midwives are available.  I've also heard good things about the midwives at Evergreen and Group Health...I think with those (like the Birth Center) you work with a small group of midwives and who ever is on call when you go into labor delivers your baby.   I switched to a midwife at 20 weeks and it was the best decision. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both myself and Shane (mistie something as user name) go to Evergreen and really like them. They have a large staff of midwives that work with the hospital, so you can have a hospital birth but with perks of midwives. Each appointment they schedule you with a different person so that you get to know all the women on staff. I've really liked all of them. It's a bit of a drive for me to get there, but worth it to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS was born at the Puget Sound Birth Center too, and I am going there again for this baby. I LOVE them :) I also worked with another midwife who actually delivered ds as a "sub" at the Birth Center and she was amazing. I think she normally does home births tho. Here is her info:

https://www.seattlehomebirth.vpweb.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't heard of Suzanne Thomson. I used the midwives at the Center for Women's Health at Evergreen and just loved them!
  • Options
    I used the midwives from the Center for women's health at Evergreen and LOVED them!  They were even awesome when I went high-risk w/ pre-e and had to be handed over to an OB.
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • Options

imageKglan:
    I used the midwives from the Center for women's health at Evergreen and LOVED them!.

This!

• Options
    imageStellaZ:

imageKglan:
    I used the midwives from the Center for women's health at Evergreen and LOVED them!.

This!

I third this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am also seeing the midwives at the Women's Center at Evergreen and I adore them!
  • Options
    I used the midwives at Eastside birthing Centerand my DH and I really liked them and got the experience we wanted.
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options
    imagetheresab:
    imageStellaZ:

imageKglan:

This!

I third this!

me four!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"