LGBT Parenting

Its the little things...

Yesterday Sprout came home with a sign up sheet for school pictures and for some reason it just hit me as one of those moments where I thought "holy cow, i'm really a mom". Signing a kid up for school pictures just seems like such a mom thing to do :) it actually made me misty! i know its random, but sometimes the most unexpected things hit home the strongest.  It was a similar feeling to when we installed the carseats.

Have you had any experiences like that? 

Re: Its the little things...

• I love the little things!  I'm glad that after a rough Sunday you had such a positive reaffirming experience. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's defintiely the little things! Smile  How exciting that you get to see Sprout through his school pictures!

I had a moment like that the first time we went clothes shopping for Henry.  Sure, we had picked up things here and there for our future baby, but the first time of actually shopping for his clothes really got me for some reason!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are the best moments for me too! 

The little things like a family member asking if they can give a snack to LMC, what is okay for the baby to eat etc.  Those tiny little things that say you are the mommy mean so much to me. **tearing up**

• Every time I have to make an appointment for E and have to say my daughter I think wow I am a mom!
  • It is the little things. Like SSG, still whenever I say "my sons" it makes me pause go think, I AM the mom.

Funny thing is, I still don't FEEL like a mom.  My mom was always neat and tidy, she never jumped on a shopping cart in the parking lot and went whizzing down the aisle, she never whined about not sleeping in, she was old (not really...but in my mind she was!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:

Funny thing is, I still don't FEEL like a mom.  My mom was always neat and tidy, she never jumped on a shopping cart in the parking lot and went whizzing down the aisle, she never whined about not sleeping in, she was old (not really...but in my mind she was!)

i know exactly what you mean (and i also jump on the shopping cart!) - it probably doesnt help that i became a mom at a younger age than anyone else in my family.

• imagectbride08:
    image2brides:

i know exactly what you mean (and i also jump on the shopping cart!) - it probably doesnt help that i became a mom at a younger age than anyone else in my family.

K does that all the time! That's when we joke that soon enough I'm going to have to watch two children in the parking lots. :-p

• I used to run a daycare center and doing that changed my view/scope of what being a parent is because we did so many things with kids. But to me, signing up for Water Babies class is the ultimate 'mom' thing to do. I will be very excited to do that.
  • Aww the things to look forward toBig Smile.
  • I am still shocked when she fusses with someone and they say " oh she wants her Mommy"and then they hand her to me! I remember being the one handing the crying baby over.And then when she stops crying instantly and cuddles into my shoulder... that is when I know I am Mom.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AWWWW....that is the sweetest most awsome thing I have heard all day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"