Postpartum Depression

I know people mean nothing by it, but it hurts.so.much.

I hate the phrases "full time mom" and "part time mom".  I want to be a SAHM more than anything, but because DH is finishing his degree and working, I need to work too right now.  I can't express enough how much it hurts me to have to leave Alannah and go to work.  I know being a SAHM is not for everybody, and some people need work to balance their lives...this is not a judgement on anyone in any way.  It is just that being home is what I want for me.  So when I get called a "part time mom", or recieve an issue of "Working Mom" magazine as an attempted thoughful gift from MIL...it is like someone is twisting a knife in me.  Honestly, the fact that I am working is one of the big factors in my feelings of depression and anxiety.  So I just don't want to keep having it rubbed in.  This has just been weighing on my heart today...it feels good to let it out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I know people mean nothing by it, but it hurts.so.much.

• all moms are full-time moms.  if somebody called me a part time mom i'd have to have some serious words.  (hugs)
  • I have been feeling the same way today.  I just wish I knew how to feel like I can balance both.  However, the truth be told, I don't ever think I will feel like I can balance both.  I just don't feel like I am being a good Mom.  I feel like I never get to see Aiden - and then the worst part of it is I actually FEEL like a part time mom.  This sux.  I guess the fact that I hate my job doesn't help either.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade your post, but you just seemed to take the words out of my mouth today.
  • Loading the player...
  • IF anyone ever called me a part time mom I'd probably smack them.

Being a working mom does have a different set of challenges, but we are ALL moms.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I know just how you feel. I am seeing a therapist to help me with my issues due to working full-time. And speaking of twisting the knife, my husband is unemployed and is home with our son while I work--but he would rather have a full-time job and I would rather be at home! Neither of us is happy. I'm trying to not feel jealous, on top of everything else I'm feeling. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I empathize with you.
  • I know how you feel!  I have had a hard time since going back to work 5 months ago.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Interesting I've never heard FT mom or PT mom lingo. If someone called me a PT mom I would punch them in the face and tell them to go feeeeck themselves.

I would also call them a FT a$$$$hole. Just sayin'

((hugs)) 

www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • imageitsspykitty:

I would also call them a FT a$$$$hole. Just sayin'

((hugs)) 

lol

• I've never heard of it either but I'm sure it's just referring to how much your'e home, how much you're at work, whatever kidless activities you're participating in or obligated to outside the home, or your relationship status with the father.  It's nothing I'd be offended by if someone said it to me.
  • I was never called a part time mom, but man I can see how that would hurt your feelings.  Like you, when my son was born, I wanted to be home with him so bad, but we just couldn't cut it financially.  Things came around and I was able to, but he was almost 2 by that time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"