Boston Babies
Options

Anyone deliver st South shore hospital?

If so, can you tell me baout your experience?  Were you happy with it, why or why not?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone deliver st South shore hospital?

• Options

I delivered at South Shore and loved it. I had to be induced (which I hear is one of the worst ways to go), so I was in the hospital from Monday - Friday. The nurses were amazing! Extremely friendly, supportive, helpful, and caring. They went above and beyond my expectations. The lactation consultant was able to get me a free breast pump (apparently my insurance covered it). The dietary consultant was SUPER friendly, and the food was very good. The room was great size. I felt extremely safe the whole time.

Few cons: My husband hated sleeping on the pull out "bed" it was made of springs and extremely uncomfortable. The intercom comes through your room and there is no way to adjust the volume (although its only going during day time hours).

Overall I loved South Shore, and plan to have all my babies there :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did and had the exact opposite experience from the PP.  I will not be delivering there again.  The nurses would only come in when I called for them and when I did call it would take no less than 30min for them to come into the room.  Lactation was helpful once I got them to actually come into the room.  If you have a c-section they will not come see you until day 3.  Not sure why but that's their policy.  I was never told that when I had been asking to see an LC from birth.  I hated everything about my experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an overall great experience there with both of my children. I was only there for 2-3 days with both since I didn't have a c-section. The nurses in Labor and Delivery are fantastic. The first time it was a bit of a whirlwind experience since there is a lot to be done in the two days after delivery, and we didn't get discharged until 7pm. There were a couple of maternity nurses that I wasn't too happy with after that.

With my second child it was much easier and I didn't really need the nurses for quite as much. My only gripe about my second stay was that I did have to ask for pain meds on a regular basis, which was a little ridiculous. Also, I got to stay an extra day since I gave birth after 8pm. Also, I didn't see a LC the second time I was there since everything seemed to be going well for us, but they did offer to get one for me. 

• Options
    They were very informative and helpful. I had to be induce because she was 9 days late.  After being induced for a day and a half with no signs of a contraction. I was scheduled for a c-section.  After talking to many of my friends that went to Boston hospitals I am happy with my decision to go to the South Shore, even though I live on the North Shore.  The nurses were great and very helpful to me when I was recovering.  I also liked having my own room for both before and after no matter how busy it was. 
  • Options
    I had a great experience. I was induced too. The L&D nurses were very nice and attentive... Always coming in to check in on us. They made me very comfortable; I didn't just feel like a stop along their rounds. They were great during the actual delivery too. The postpartum nurses were great too. They checked in regularly and were very helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. I felt very well taken care of. The Lactation Consultant came in each day to check on us. They also have a Breastfeeding Support group at the hospital which we've gone to several times. There are 2 LCs there who are very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"