Florida Babies

St Joe's Womens

Who delivered at St Joseph's Womens?  I recently started Bradley classes and found out that St Joe's has the highest c-section rate & the least interest in natural childbirth.  I'm a little concerned and just wanted to know who else has delivered there and if you could tell me about your experience.

Re: St Joe's Womens

• hmmm..ive heard good things about them.. plan on using them for a VBAC with my next LO

but didnt deliver there this time...and ended up with an unplanned unnessassary c-section

• i did and it was the BEST experience i ever had.  we had a planned induction that went very smoothly.  the nurses were AWESOME and the rooms were so clean, large and pretty.  we are definitely going back there for our second!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't deliver there, mainly because of what I had heard about them (similar to what you heard, as well as some personal stories from people who delivered there).

I also took bradley classes, and I can't say enough good things about UCH on Fletcher. All the nurses are trained in natural childbirth and breastfeeding, and they are extremely supportive. They followed our birth plan exactly, and our nurse helped us avoid a c-section for a while until eventually we had to do it for medical reasons.

I also liked that they let you keep the baby with you the entire time after delivery (even if you have a c-section...she was with me even while they stitched me up, and she breastfed within 20 minutes after deliery). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered there and was disappointed.  I didn't care for my delivery nurse at all, but I may have just had a bad experience.  

I plan to have my next baby at UCH on fletcher, and I have been hearing good things about them.

• I did not deliver at St Joe's but my OB/GYN is based there and on BBD for UCH Women's off Fletcher. 

I was quite sick (out of the blue) and had a very traumatic experience resulting in prematurely delivering my child.  My preemie baby and I were treated with the utmost care by Perinatal, L&D and eventually the excellent NICU for my DD.  I cannot say enough good about UCH Women's center and all they did for us. 

I am still friends with many of the nurses who cared for me and my family.

Any questions, let me know and GL!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Its not really about what the c-section rate of the hospital is, its what your doctors is.  I work across the street in St. Joes main hospital but I have a lot of friends who have delivered at womens and have had a good experience. I think the experience has everything to do with the nurse you have and there are some really great nurses over there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I delivered there two years ago and had a great experience.  I didn't have a c-section but I did have an epidural.  Like the pp said, it's more about your dr's c-section rate than the hospital. 

I plan on delivering there for #2, as well.

GL!
    Melissa

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
  • I delivered there (no c-section). The delivery went nicely and the delivery roomss were very big and nice.

The after-care sucked. The mother-baby rooms are not that great and the care I got wasn't that great. They seemed very anti-breastfeeding and I couldn't believe some of the advice we were given (take your newborn in public so they will get sick and build up a strong immune system---wow). I wouldn't deliver there again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"