Babies: 3 - 6 Months

MIL hurt DH

She was mad that he wouldn't hand over our baby when she demanded her and so she grabbed a hand full of his skin on his chest (he was holding DD) and twisted it while yelling at him.  I am not happy and we are not letting her near DD for a while.

Re: MIL hurt DH

• ummm am I missing something?? WTF is wrong with her?? Were they fighting or this was out of the blue??
  • Loading the player...
  • Indifferent whaaaaaaaat?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WTH?? That is awful!
  • We didn't expect her to resort to physical violence.  She is controling and wants to be mommy.  She pretty much raised her other granchildren and expects the same here.  She expects her son to obey her and hand over our child.  I am happy my husband stood up to her, but we were all shocked at her display.  My DH is pissed and now will not let her near DD.  Of course it is all my fault anyway.
  • What is wrong with her? Tongue Tied
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like you to know you are being extremely nice to her. I would have pressed charges and gotten a restraining order on that b!tch.

WTF!!!!!!! 

• imageC_mommy:

I would like you to know you are being extremely nice to her. I would have pressed charges and gotten a restraining order on that b!tch.

WTF!!!!!!! 

Could have been worse. She is a blackbelt in Taekwondo (Spelling?) and the State Champ in her age group for the last 2 years. I think she held back because of DD.  Still uncalled for and unexceptable.

• imageSheila.Scully:
    imageC_mommy:

I would like you to know you are being extremely nice to her. I would have pressed charges and gotten a restraining order on that b!tch.

WTF!!!!!!! 

Could have been worse. She is a blackbelt in Taekwondo (Spelling?) and the State Champ in her age group for the last 2 years. I think she held back because of DD.  Still uncalled for and unexceptable.

Ummm even more unacceptable!   I would never allow her near my child again.

That seriously sucks. Is your DH okay? 

• Bruised but ok.  Pride wouldn't let him back down.  He paid for it, but he says it was worth it in the attempt to make her acknowledge his status as protective father and not obediant son.  She really never let my DH's father be a father to her kids and so when she started to act like she was going to shut out her son and take over the child, he stood up to her.  You notice that I am not even in the equation at all.  She wants to be mommy again and feel young.  She is also a control freak.  We don't get along because I tell her no.
  • Not to sound harsh, but WHY THE FVCKITY FVCK IS SHE IN YOUR LIVES?

Seriously? she sounds like a nut! Like a BABY STEALING NUT!

I am so sorry!  

• imageC_mommy:

Not to sound harsh, but WHY THE FVCKITY FVCK IS SHE IN YOUR LIVES?

Seriously? she sounds like a nut! Like a BABY STEALING NUT!

I am so sorry!  

Family politics.  She is still his mother despite everything. Thank God she lives 4 hours away.  Unfortunately she doesn't work and travels.  I don't know if you remember me posting about her wanting me to host her volleyball team at our new house when I was eight months pregnant. All 20 people for the weekend.  We had only been in the house a month.  I was large and had a twisted hip and she thought I needed more practice at "hosting parties and being more hospitable".  She is the kind of person who calls when she is five minutes away so that you can have her coffee ready for her unexpected visits. Your plans are always changable because she said so.

• OMG I feel so bad for you, except for the taekwondo (I'm probably spelling that wrong) that is my MIL also.  She has never done anything physical to DH, DD, or me yet,  but about an hour after DD was born she got into a fist fight with HER mother about who would get to hold the baby first.  This is still in the delivery room.  DH didn't let either of them hold her until the next day.  :)

Good luck, seriously.  Keep being strong!

• She sounds like she belongs in a coo coo nest. ?
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She did WHAT?  WTF, is she secretly a high school boy or something?  Talk about a temper tantrum.
    imageimage
  • That's crazy. But, just a heads up... You may not want to put your child's full name in your ticker or your full name in your screen name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"