New Orleans Babies

moving back to the northshore-couple ?s

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently living in Houston but my DH and I just put an offer on a house on the northshore. I lived there for a few years but never with kids.

Do you know of any mom's groups in the area?

what do you do with your kids getting out wise?

any recs for an ob/gyn?

We're moving back to be near family and found a house I love, but it's hard to get used to the idea of leaving the ease of Houston!

-Clare
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: moving back to the northshore-couple ?s

• I live in Covington and go to Dr. Katherine Williams. Her office is very busy, but she is great!
  • I agree..I live in Mandeville and Dr. Williams is great! There is tons to do around here with kids...Good Luck with the move!
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Abita Springs and I go to Dr. Steen which is in Covington. I also would recommend St. Tammany Parish Hospital over any others on the northshore. Hope your move goes smooth!
  • I also used Dr. Katherine Williams.  She's a very sweet Dr.  I spent more time with her NP, though - Kelly.  She's wonderful!  It's a good office - not much of a wait time, organized, pleasant, and they just moved to a brand new building which is absolutely gorgeous. 

As far as playgroups - there's a Gymboree class in Mandeville (never been) and there's a Mandeville Mom's playgroup that you can join at meetup.com.  I think they have monthly GTGs at the park on Koup Drive in Covington/Abita.

Where are you moving to?

GL!

• image102503Natalie:

I also used Dr. Katherine Williams.  She's a very sweet Dr.  I spent more time with her NP, though - Kelly.  She's wonderful!  It's a good office - not much of a wait time, organized, pleasant, and they just moved to a brand new building which is absolutely gorgeous. 

As far as playgroups - there's a Gymboree class in Mandeville (never been) and there's a Mandeville Mom's playgroup that you can join at meetup.com.  I think they have monthly GTGs at the park on Koup Drive in Covington/Abita.

Where are you moving to?

GL!

I'll be moving to Mandeville. We'll close in Feb but we'll move in June after I finish up a job here.I'm excited to be near family but nervous to leave all the friends I have here and start over again!

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We are pg with our first so I can't help with your child care question.  I go to Dr's for Women in Covington on Hwy 21.  They are affliated with St Tammany Parish Hospital (the only hosptial I would use).  I use Dr Craig Landwehr, but I hear great things about the other 2.  Good luck!  I love the Northshore and it is so close to New Orleans, there always something to do for all interests. 
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr Kevin Plaisance is wonderful. He literally saved mine and LO's life. I agree with pp on St. Tammany hands down. I was there for a month on hospital bedrest, enough to see the bad side of a hospital and they don't have one. Excellent care there.

There's a Mandeville MOMS group. I'm going to join after RSV season is over.

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"