Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you were induced - how long start to finish??

Especially if this was not your first. 

I'm being induced tomorrow - I am 2cm, so we are just starting with pitocin. My last 2 labors were 18 and 19 hours. I am hoping for a MUCH faster time this time. And hopefully not 2 hours of pushing like I did with the first 2! 

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}

Re: If you were induced - how long start to finish??

• 36 hours, 3.5 hours of pushing.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First time induced 12.5hrs and pushed for an hour... Second time induced 5hrs had three pushes and he was born....
  • Loading the player...
  • 4.5 hours to fully dilate (started at 2cm) 1.75 hours of pushing and it was my first
  • Had balloon inserted at 4pm Monday (I was less than a cm), started getting contractions by 6pm.  Tuesday morning given pictocin.  At 10pm Tuesday they did an emergency c-section because I progessed to 8cm, but things had apparently become swollen, so I was actually only 6cm.  LO was finally delivered at 10:10pm Tuesday night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should say I was only 37 weeks 5 days, though, so I'm not sure my body was totally ready (though we managed a vaginal birth). I was induced for PIH.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Went in at 7am (3cm), pitocin started at 8am, my big baby was born at 6:19pm.  I pushed for about 45 min.  I would have pushed for a lot less, but my baby's head was big and I needed an episiotomy.
  • started at 730am-had DS at 5pm-pushed about 30 min:)  good luck!:)
  • 2.5 hours. Pushed twice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was 3 cm the morning I was induced ... I was in labor for 9 1/2 hours and then I pushed for an hour and a half.  It was my first though.  :)
  • I was induced with my first due to PIH/Pre-E. I had Cervidil inserted at 8pm on Friday and DD was born at 12:17am on Sunday. I only pushed 19 minutes. She would have been born on Saturday but my OB had to do an emergency c-section so I just "labored down" until he was done.

DD2 was an emergency c-section so I'm no help there :(

ETA: Cervidil threw me into labor and I started having regular contractions at 7am Sunday and the Pitocin started flowing at 9am.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 11 hours....with 1.5 hours of pushing.  I started at 2cm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5.5 hours, 1 hour of pushing
  • 28h of Pit, Cervadil, & Cerdix = 1cm.

DS's hr went wonky so we had an e-cs.

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6.5 hours from start of Pitocin drip to finish.  I only pushed for about a half an hour.  This is my second baby- with the first one I was in labor for 44 hours! This one was sooo much easier!
  • image*Kingston*:
    5.5 hours, 1 hour of pushing
    I started at 4cm
  • My first baby (water broke - then pit) was 32 hours from the time my water broke - 3 hours of pushing.

My second baby (water broke - then pit) was <24 hours.  My water broke at 8:30 am - start pit around 1 or 2 pm.  Got epi around 5pm, woke up around 3 am needing to push - started pushing around 4:00 - baby out by 4:35. No pain 2nd time around - I got the epi VERY early - only 1 cm dialated!  The 2nd time was a piece of cake.  When it was over I was ready for the 3rd : )

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • 7 hrs from artifical membrane rupture, 4 hrs from start of pitocin. Pushed for less than an hour. It was my first.
  • Went in at 4 pm on Sun and was a "good 1.5 cm". started Pitocin at 8 pm, regular contractions I wasn't feeling all night. Water broken at 11 am on Mon. Got to 3 cm by 1 pm, effaced more but never dilated more. Decided to do c section at 10 pm on Mon but was not an emergency. Two emergency csections in front of me, FINALLY delivered at 3:43 am on Tues. So long story short about 36 hours?

ETA: He is my first and was 8 lbs and 12 oz. I am fairly petite. DH says my cervix took one look at him and said "no way- that's not coming through here".

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I arrived at the hospital about 10am on a Wednesday...3cm...he was born at 5:10am Thursday after maybe 30 minutes of pushing.
  • 6 hours total, 1 1/2 hours pushing
  • Start to finish 13 hours...went in at 8am, started Pitocin at 9am, I began pushing at 9:30pm and DD was born at 10:01.  All in all a great experience...I actually hope I can get induced again next time!
  • Foley bulb inserted at 9pm on Sunday, pitocin started at 8am the next morning, emergency c-section at 11:10PM that night.
  • Started at 7 am, DS was born at 4:39 pm, so just shy of 10 hours.

I went in at 3 cm & 80%.

• First child, 11 hours 51 minutes total.  About 30 minutes of pushing.
  • about 23 hour total; pushing for about an hour. i was 41 weeks and dr induced, but i had NO signs whatsoever of being ready to start, so i think that is part of the reason it took so darn long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • This was my third, and I was 3 cm and 70% effaced when I got to the hospital. I got to my room at 6 pm, had my epi at 6:30 pm and water broken/Pit started at 7 pm. It took me until 10 pm to get to 5 cm, and then I was at 10 cm at 11 pm.  DS arrived at 11:23 after 15 minutes of pushing. So, less than 5 hours from start to finish. Good luck to you!
  • First baby. 1cm, 0% effaced when Cervidil was administered at 9pm. Baby was born at 8:52 the next day after an hour and a half of pushing. So, not quite 12 hours start to finish. But, I'm fairly certain I went to labor on my own right about the time cervidil was administered. The plan was to start pitocin the next morning, but baby had other ideas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 46 hours (first 24 were just cervidil).
  • First LO, inserted foley catheter at 6pm on the first day, started pit at 11am on the second day, labored for 18+ hours, ended up with csection at 6am on the third day...so it was about 36 hours total.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • 4:30 pm water broke, 10am started pitocin until 1pm full contractions (at some point stopped pitocin during contractions), 5pm 100% ready to go but told to wait for doctor to push, 6pm started pushing with doctor there, 6:30pm baby born - 26 hours from water breaking, 8 1/2 hours from pitocin, glad I had it and then the epidural for the last two hours. . . 
  • 36 hours, ending in a c-section for lack of progress.
  • My induction started at 9:15 a.m. with pitocin and DS was born at 7:03 p.m.

10 hours of labor and 1 hour 20 minutes of pushing.

I went into my induction at 5 cm and 90% effaced.

• 42 hours start to finish

24 hours of cervidil, 11 hours of unmedicated labor, 6 hours with pitocin and epidural, 42 minutes pushing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"