Babies: 3 - 6 Months

how much are you getting back with your taxes?

Me? $4200.00 *side note* When I was pregnant DH bought me this shirt as a joke... Its said our little tax deduction! Haha.

Re: how much are you getting back with your taxes?

• imageemmared1986:
    $12,700!!!

holy sh**!!!

im getting $2500, my job screwed me bad. apparently if I didnt work last yr, we would have had $3000 more to take home. 

• Loading the player...
  • Between both of us almost $11,000.  So pumped about it! 
  • Yeah I saw your post. That's why I posted this. So you can quit bragging. Lol. Just kidding! (care to share the wealth?! Haha)
    imageemmared1986:
    $12,700!!!
  • $3500

I had nothing to file, only DH. 

• Holy sh*t ya'll, that's a lot of refund! DH is a subcontractor (no taxes come out of his checks throughout the year) so we usually end up owing. Owed $4000 last year. :(  I'm dreading doing this year's taxes, although with LO it should be better. (((fingers crosseed))) BTW what is the average baby worth this tax season? ;)
  • image.completely.amazing.love.:
    Yeah I saw your post. That's why I posted this. So you can quit bragging. Lol. Just kidding! (care to share the wealth?! Haha)
    imageemmared1986:
    $12,700!!!

Haha! I am done bragging now! I would totally share the wealth if most of it wasnt already spent paying off credit cards. We are going to splurge on one luxury thing eat. DH wants an XBox360 and I am thinking about getting a good haircut and high lights.

• I have no idea. I'm hoping we can get the first time $8000 home buyers credit to apply with this yrs taxes though we are just now buying our house. I know they did an advance last yr, but not sure they will be doing it this yr.

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Don't know yet but probably about $5K. Much more than I would prefer but between our rental property and the new baby it's hard to get the withholding right

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3200.  That's with hubs and I working and two kids in daycare.  Last year we only got 1700.

• $ 2500

We are paying down our credit card to zero and then spending a little on our basement.

TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • about $10,000. we are normally at 0 (last year we had to pay $4). but this year we bought a house, a car and had TWO babies. hellloooo new deductions.
  • What the heck am I doing wrong? I pretty much owe every year (not much,but some....I think I owe $36 this year when I did my turbo tax - havent file yet).....i thought for sure since LO was born in Nov, we'd actually get a refund, but no.....we claim "O" all year long so that they will take the max out...and we are NOT rich....we only made about $58,000 combined last year....whats the deal?????
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • about $3k b/t the feds and state ... i'm not crazy about letting uncle sam sit on my money interest free so i try to break even.

dh will probably have to pay out .. being self employed SUCKS !!

*we're one of the crazy couples that files married filing separately vs joint -- no home and he gets the kiddo as he needs ALL the deductions he can get*

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• ??? no clue yet, but hopign for somethign decent...as we had the 2 girls, and this is the first year our house should help us out too!   *fingers crossed*
  • Between fed and state, about $2K. That's b/c our health insurance is taken out of DH's pay before taxes - so, he gets taxed less (we claim 0 on everything), so there is less withheld = less refund. And I work part-time.

Needless to say, we didn't buy a house or a new car in '09. Just had a baby and paid real estate taxes on our house that we bought in '07 - BEFORE the freaking credits and stuff. Poop. And there's no credit for being frugal and buying a used car. Double poop. 

• We did a preliminary run-through on TaxACT.com and it was only about $2400, which we were very depressed about. For nearly the entire year, DH claimed 0 or 1, and I claimed 0 or 1. I was unemployed for nearly half the year and made only $12,000, but I guess together we make too much to qualify for more.

But don't get me started on our friends who received over $4,000 and she hasn't worked in over a year, and he was fired about 6-7 months ago. Crying

I'm trying to figure out how accurate W-4 calculators are to see how much we can claim as deductions during the year and not end up owing.  I'd rather not be broke during the year and get one lump sum in March ... rather have that wealth during the year.

• 400 freakin dollars.. ugh, dont know what happened?

• imagejbrooke:
    What the heck am I doing wrong? I pretty much owe every year (not much,but some....I think I owe $36 this year when I did my turbo tax - havent file yet).....i thought for sure since LO was born in Nov, we'd actually get a refund, but no.....we claim "O" all year long so that they will take the max out...and we are NOT rich....we only made about $58,000 combined last year....whats the deal?????

Do you own a house? A lot of ours is due to mortgage interest

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejlbegin:

400 freakin dollars.. ugh, dont know what happened?

That's about all we are getting as well, but the way I see it,I don't want to give the goverment my money on a year long interest free loan. I'd like to have it as close to zero as possible, so we try to have our withholdings match our tax as best as we can. The refund we are getting is due to the child care tax credit.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No clue yet.  But we had a kid, bought a car, own our home.

& since a lot of my miscarriage wasn't billed until '09, plus birth medical bills, we should qualify for medical deductions.

• About $2200.

I love the Child & Dependent Care Tax Credit. We got back 20% of our DC expenses...

• We are still waiting on one form for our stocks... they have until Feb 15th and they always take every last minute they can.  I'm hoping we get at least 3k back this year.  That will make up for the times we have had to pay in.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am unbelievably pissed. We owe $1K. WTH?? I thought you got a break with a dependent. It doesn't help that I'm tax stupid but DH used TaxCut and I'm convinced it's messed up so I will be seeking an accountant. I didn't even work a whole year either, ugh! I feel like we are ALWAYS paying.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • I agree!  We owe every freakin year!  We both worked full time and we both have part-time jobs as well.  AND, we still manage to owe. I was on maternity leave for 12 weeks too and I claim zero and my husband claims 2. I'm so angry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • $2,300 between state and federal

We're pretty pumped since we've owed or broken even the past three years. I know breaking even is ideal, but it's nice to have it coming our way when we weren't sure how much to expect after having a kid! 

• imagesmilelari:

imagejbrooke:
    What the heck am I doing wrong? I pretty much owe every year (not much,but some....I think I owe $36 this year when I did my turbo tax - havent file yet).....i thought for sure since LO was born in Nov, we'd actually get a refund, but no.....we claim "O" all year long so that they will take the max out...and we are NOT rich....we only made about $58,000 combined last year....whats the deal?????

Do you own a house? A lot of ours is due to mortgage interest

Yes, we do...but we got a great deal on the house from my in-laws so my mortgage interest is only like $5,000 for the year.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"