LGBT Parenting
Options

dilemma... Confused

So, I tested my ovulation dis morning. I took two different brands of test. One was Clearblue and da other  Answer (which is da strips). Da Clearblue says I'm not ovulating and da Answer says I am. They both claim to be 99% accurate. Because i got two different results, I took da Clearblue three times and da Answer twice. Advice plz....

Re: dilemma... Confused

• Options
    Just wondering - did you use the same urine sample both times?  Meaning for both tests?  The brands we have used say wait 4 hours since the last time before you test.  If you tested the multiple strips after not waiting long enough, you might get different results.  That's the only thing I can think of...
  • Options
    imagemadisonpeas:
    Just wondering - did you use the same urine sample both times?  Meaning for both tests?  The brands we have used say wait 4 hours since the last time before you test.  If you tested the multiple strips after not waiting long enough, you might get different results.  That's the only thing I can think of...
    yes i tested them all in da same urine
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Each brand of test has a different level of sensitivity and will respond to your body differently.  Also remember that the test indicates your LH surge, which comes 12-24 hours before you ovulate.  So a positive test means ovulation is coming - not that you are ovulating.

Doing multiple tests at once probably isn't going to do you any good.  Testing several hours apart, however, can be helpful.  For example, when we were tracking/ttcing, I would test first thing in the morning, and then again later in the afternoon (like 2 or 3:00).  I found that my LH surge was long enough that I would get two positive tests in a row.  Once I got the negative test, after two positives, I knew the surge was over.  I felt that this gave me a better idea of when my surge actually started and ended, making it easier to pinpoint ovulation time.

So anyway, with the Answer tests - it would be interesting to see if you continued to get a positive several hours later, and again several hours after that.  It's possible that the Answer test is too sensitive for you, and will thus give you a positive for too long of a time to really pinpoint your surge.  OR it could be that the Clear Blue isn't sensitive enough to detect your surge, KWIM?

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Why do you use 'd' instead of 'th?'
  • Options
    imageBostonGayGal:
    because i'm so used to texting like dat and it's shorter to use "d" instead "th" Smile
  • Options

imageBostonGayGal:

Agree!!!! I try not to open these because the lack of the letters TH bother me, but I punish my self and blame no one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBostonGayGal:
    well, i dont think its dat hard to read with da "d" instead of da "th"
  • Options

imagetlynnrubin:
    imageBostonGayGal:

I don't think the issue is that 'da' is harder to read than 'the'.  Rather, the 'da' makes your posts sounds very uneducated and young, thus hard for some people to take seriously.

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

imagetlynnrubin:
    imageBostonGayGal:

I don't think the issue is that 'da' is harder to read than 'the'.  Rather, the 'da' makes your posts sounds very uneducated and young, thus hard for some people to take seriously.

Very well said Two and I agree 

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

imagetlynnrubin:
    imageBostonGayGal:

well i am young but far from uneducated... but you are entitled to your opinion, which doesn't matter to me. If it's such a big deal don't read my post, it's dat simple Big Smile
  • Options
    I totally agree with Two on this. Happy I actually opened this post on accident, I don't usually read them because I can't stand the speech pattern. Sorry this group is usually full of smart , well versed women... hope it continues to stay that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow... and i thought dis was a place to come to for support, but i guess not huh...
  • Options

imagetlynnrubin:
    wow... and i thought dis was a place to come to for support, but i guess not huh...

When I asked, I really just didn't know what the reason was.  But if you don't want support enough to take the time for an extra keystroke here and there, you can't want it that badly. 

• Options
    It may also be categorized as spelling errors, which others can not stand. If you are put off by the responses here, I suggest not venturing over into GP or BOTB.
  • Options
    imageBostonGayGal:

imagetlynnrubin:

When I asked, I really just didn't know what the reason was.  But if you don't want support enough to take the time for an extra keystroke here and there, you can't want it that badly. 

i guess not...
  • Options

Can't we all just get along??? 

I personally don't enjoy the style either, but I wouldn't dream of asking a person to express themselves differently just to suite my own likes or dislikes. Maybe that's just the social worker in me.

I'd hate to think that this board isn't interested in supporting a lesbian couple trying to make babies just because of a few, ok---a ton, of "dis" and "dats" Stick out tongue

Silly, no?

• Options
    imagethefamilyway904:

Can't we all just get along??? 

I personally don't enjoy the style either, but I wouldn't dream of asking a person to express themselves differently just to suite my own likes or dislikes. Maybe that's just the social worker in me.

I'd hate to think that this board isn't interested in supporting a lesbian couple trying to make babies just because of a few, ok---a ton, of "dis" and "dats" Stick out tongue

Silly, no?

I just feel like it's not dat serious, and to be referred to as uneducated is beyond me. I thought I could come here and express myself da way i felt, but obviously not. If you can read, da way I write shouldn't be a problem. I can easily replace my "d's" with "th", but i feel like I should have been approached a different way about it.
  • Options

" i feel like I should have been approached a different way about it."

Huh?  I asked a nonjudgemental question that assumed nothing because I didn't understand why you did it and didn't recognize it as text-speak.  I certainly understand not appreciating the responses, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the question. 

• Options
    imageBostonGayGal:

" i feel like I should have been approached a different way about it."

Huh?  I asked a nonjudgemental question that assumed nothing because I didn't understand why you did it and didn't recognize it as text-speak.  I certainly understand not appreciating the responses, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the question. I wasn't talking about you, because like you said all you did was ask a question. But your last comment was very unnecessary... But whatever, I'm tired of talking about it. You guys don't have to worry about anymore post from me....Zip it!

• Options
    You are right.  I shouldn't have said that.  I was annoyed because I don't understand why you would choose text-speak; but it was a cheap shot.  I am sorry.  Best of luck to you.  
  • Options

imagetlynnrubin:

I just feel like it's not dat serious, and to be referred to as uneducated is beyond me. I thought I could come here and express myself da way i felt, but obviously not. If you can read, da way I write shouldn't be a problem. I can easily replace my "d's" with "th", but i feel like I should have been approached a different way about it.

No one referred to you as uneducated so please don't misrepresent statements.  What I wrote was "your posts sound very uneducated".  Reading them with da and dis sounds uneducated, but I never said you were not well educated. There is a difference there.

And the only reason I posted was to try and clarify to you why you might not feel like you were getting the responses you wanted.  I simply made an educated guess that the Ds instead of THs were off putting to some posters.

No one was snarky to you and no one asked you to change the way you type or who you are.

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

imagetlynnrubin:

No one referred to you as uneducated so please don't misrepresent statements.  What I wrote was "your posts sound very uneducated".  Reading them with da and dis sounds uneducated, but I never said you were not well educated. There is a difference there.

And the only reason I posted was to try and clarify to you why you might not feel like you were getting the responses you wanted.  I simply made an educated guess that the Ds instead of THs were off putting to some posters.

No one was snarky to you and no one asked you to change the way you type or who you are.

ok whatever....
  • Options
    imageTwo*True:

I'm sorry True, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. It may be your opinion that no one was snarky to Tlynn, but I don't share it. But, for what's it worth, I didn't read the uneducated comment as being personal.

I'm not looking to further "stir the pot" here, but MY opinion is that we as a board haven't been very welcoming to Tlynn. In a previous post she was asked to stop using the word preggo. This post morphed from a conversation about OPKs in which she was getting relevant feedback, to a honest question about writing style, to full out commentary on it. I'm pretty sure that commentary sent the message that her writing style should change to fit in.

I'm really not looking to point fingers. I've certainly had my share of snarky moments. But the truth is that we've made someone feel uncomfortable posting here and that just kinda sucks in my book.

• Options
    imagethefamilyway904:
    imageTwo*True:

I'm sorry True, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. It may be your opinion that no one was snarky to Tlynn, but I don't share it. But, for what's it worth, I didn't read the uneducated comment as being personal.

I'm not looking to further "stir the pot" here, but MY opinion is that we as a board haven't been very welcoming to Tlynn. In a previous post she was asked to stop using the word preggo. This post morphed from a conversation about OPKs in which she was getting relevant feedback, to a honest question about writing style, to full out commentary on it. I'm pretty sure that commentary sent the message that her writing style should change to fit in.

I'm really not looking to point fingers. I've certainly had my share of snarky moments. But the truth is that we've made someone feel uncomfortable posting here and that just kinda sucks in my book.

In regards to the bolding, I'm sure you're right, but I might have missed that.  I was referring to this post in which I don't think anyone asked her change. If it was taken as she should change, than my apologies.  I really was just trying to explain to her why people might be discussing her typing style rather than answering her question.

• Options

imagemsjcordova:
    It may also be categorized as spelling errors, which others can not stand. If you are put off by the responses here, I suggest not venturing over into GP or BOTB.

GP and BOTB are going to ask her to type "the" instead of "da" as well. 

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"