Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

if you need a laugh - please have one on me

I always kind of thought pregnancy brain was just B/S but beginning to change my mind:

1. I left my keys hanging in the front door all.night.long last week

2. Put the Milk in the pantry and the Cheerios in the fridge - where they both stayed all day long, ruining the gallon of milk

3. Decided to take a bubble bath the other night, filled the tub up - used my favorite bubble bath and while the tub was filling up I was plucking my eyebrows.  Went over and turned off the water and then proceeded to put on my PJ's and go to the living to watch TV with Jason.  He looks at me "wow, that was a really fast bath hon"  yeah- forgot to take the bath

4. Left the oven on for several hours the other night after taking dinner out - just forgot to turn it off, at least the kitchen was nice and warm

5. Left my purse at the checkout counter at the grocery store - thank goodness the lady behind the counter noticed it quickly and brought it out to me in the parking lot

Do I get to have my mind back after this is all done or does it get worse after the kid is here??

Re: if you need a laugh - please have one on me

• Options

You poor thing. I always thought PG brain was a myth until I experienced it. I am wondering the same thing if you get your mind back. So far I havent. :(

My after baby brain consist of things like forgetting to pay bills, forgetting to put my contacts in and getting in the car (luckily realizing it before I drive off), forgetting to brush my teeth before leaving the house and I even got to work one day and realized I forgot to put my underwear on.

I hope it gets better.

• Options
    Oh, you may get your brain back eventually, but not right away.  I still leave the oven and the stove on (yes...the actual stove top has been left on several times  Indifferent).  I forget all the time what I was doing and never finish because I got distracted.  I never had pregnancy brain/new mommy brain this bad after my first two were born...maybe it's because he's my third and I am just exhausted 100% of the time...I dunno.  Can't wait to have my brain back though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In time you get it back.  After the baby it goes straight from pg brain to being sleep deprived and exhausted, so it may be awhile though.
  • Options

Mine hasn't gone away yet and DD is 5 months old. I forgot to wait for the garage to open all of the way before backing out this morning. It was a great morning.

• Options
    Poor thing! I definitely experienced pg brain, and unfortunately, it hasn't completely gone away. I contribute it to just having way too much on my plate right now, because I used to be super organized and could remember anything and everything. Now, not so much.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Too funny!!

I didn't get pg brain too bad.  I think my OCD tendencies helped with this!  [:)}

Now sleep deprived brain?  Yep.

• Options

LMAO.

Just when I thought I was getting my brain-power back.....Um, yeah.

• Options

Sorry, new mom brain.  I always figure I'm in good shape if I remember DD.  I could have left my keys in the house (thank goodness I had my cell to call my inlaws who were still home), left my cell more often than I care to say, left the keys in the car, but luckily not the baby...you see a pattern?  One time I started walking away from the cashier without my bag.  Like I said, at least I've never forgotten DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stop scaring me! I'm only 19 weeks and I've already been SO loopy!!!! hehehe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"