Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Calling all MD/VA/DC ladies

How are things your way? We haven't been hit hard yet, but DH's co-worker said snow is getting really hard down near Fredricksburg.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Calling all MD/VA/DC ladies

• Options
    not too bad here yet either. we're in central VA. we were supposed to get 20-30 inches, but unless tomorrow brings a ton, that won't be happening.
  • Options
    Its coming down at at pretty steady rate. The plows have been through the streets here once already.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in central MD between Baltimore and DC - we've got about 3 inches so far, but it's SUPER heavy snow.  I'm starting to worry about power-lines and such.  Other than that, I'm so psyched about the storm - I love, love, love snow!  That, and I work in a school system, so the more snow, the merrier!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsWanee:
    not too bad here yet either. we're in central VA. we were supposed to get 20-30 inches, but unless tomorrow brings a ton, that won't be happening.

I have a feeling it is going to pick up a lot late tonight.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMary0913:
    I'm in central MD between Baltimore and DC - we've got about 3 inches so far, but it's SUPER heavy snow.  I'm starting to worry about power-lines and such.  Other than that, I'm so psyched about the storm - I love, love, love snow!  That, and I work in a school system, so the more snow, the merrier!

Elkridge is 20 minutes away from me!  We have about 5 inches or so right now. Its snowing pretty hard (flakes look small and I can barely see across the street) The snow is VERY heavy my tree in my front yard looks like all the branches are going to snap! and the tall bush at the edge of my house is drooping so far over I may not be able to walk down the steps of my house with out eating tree.

• Options
    imageskaplan000:

imageMary0913:

Elkridge is 20 minutes away from me!  We have about 5 inches or so right now. Its snowing pretty hard (flakes look small and I can barely see across the street) The snow is VERY heavy my tree in my front yard looks like all the branches are going to snap! and the tall bush at the edge of my house is drooping so far over I may not be able to walk down the steps of my house with out eating tree.

Yes!  Our snow is bending a lot of our bushes and pine trees to the ground already.  I wonder what we're going to wake up to...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMary0913:
    imageskaplan000:

imageMary0913:

Yes!  Our snow is bending a lot of our bushes and pine trees to the ground already.  I wonder what we're going to wake up to...

MADNESS!!!   and hopefully power!

• Options
    I'm in the Baltimore area and we have about 4 or 5 inches.  I haven't been out in a while and I'm guessing from my couch.  I think they are still calling for up to 36 inches.  I think a lot of it is supposed to hit tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Latest forecast from a combination of sources (via Capital Weather Gang):  Blizzard warning for DC and eastern suburbs from 10 p.m. tonight until 10 p.m. Saturday.  Heaviest snow from 10 p.m. tonight through sunrise tomorrow, with up to 3" per hour falling at its heaviest.  (It's just getting started, ladies!)  Thunder snow possible.  Winds will pick up late tonight and in the wee morning hours tomorrow (gusts up to 40 mph overnight), increasing the chance for widespread power outages.  NWS now says 20-30" in most locations across the DC metro area, with some areas receiving 30".

Seriously, DC-area ladies, please give some thought to what you'll need and need to do if the power goes out in the middle of the night tonight or early tomorrow.

• Options

its been snowing here since 830 and sticking to the roads since 1130ish.

its pretty bad here. i'm glad dh made it to work tonight.

now, all i have to worry about is if he can get home in the morning.  

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMary0913:

Me too!  My parents live in MD and I'm getting so jealous hearing about it.  I so want to move back!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options
    I would seriously be surprised if my power went out, I live down the street from the power plant and in the 4 years I have lived here I lost power maybe 3 times and only for a few minutes. My back up plan is we have a fireplace to keep warm however with no power I cant bump Crying
  • Options
    I'm in Fairfax and it's already crazy here. My DH has shoveled 3 times already and he literally went out 2 hrs ago and just went back out and there was about 3 inches more.
  • Options
    I'm starting to worry about the power outages. Germantown, Greenbelt and Gaithersburg already have a lot of outages. I'm in Montgomery County. What do we do with our LO's with now lights and heat?
  • Options
    I think we maybe have 5 or 6 inches.  We've shoveled once and I'm doing it again before bed.  I'm worried about my trees and bushes too.  If our power goes out, that's really going to suck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We live in Winchester at the top of a very steep hill in a house built in 1949.  We are SO nervous right now.  I'd say we have 8 inches.  We have a hospital 3 blocks away, so if we lose power we're going there.  We don't stand a chance here if that happens because we have single-pane windows and no insulation.  ::saying prayers::
  • Options
    skaplan and mary0913, I live in that area too. I live in the Laurel area.
  • Options

We're right over the bridge on the Eastern Shore (Kent Island)... It's snowing really steadily, but it seems really wet. Is it like that on the western side?

I'm praying so hard for the power not to go out. Our house is over 100 years old and is freezing WITH the heat on, plus we're back on a farm and it takes forever for them to get plows even close to us.

• Options

I'm just north of Baltimore City & we have at least 8 inches down already.

I have my fingers (& toes) crossed the power doesn't go out. DS & I are home alone until sometime Sunday at the earliest since DH is being held over at work (damn public safety). I dug out flashlights with fresh batteries, charged the cell phone, got coolers out in case I have to empty fridge/freezer & made sure I put an extra layer on DS for bed in case the power goes out while we sleep. I have the heat on & this place is still freezing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"