Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My babies neck area smells awful! What to do?

We've tried washing it but it's not getting rid of the bad smell... The skin under he neck is also very irritated and red...most likely because it never gets aired (she is very chubby and doesn't really have a neck, perse...)
Any tips or creams? Ideas are welcome!
Thanks!

Re: My babies neck area smells awful! What to do?

• My LO has the exact same thing!  I felt like the only one.  Our pedi said we could use some neosporin but to not live it on for a long time.  We never tried this.  We give her a bath every two days and do our best to wash and dry it but she hates it.  Any suggestions would be great.
  • I used Gold Bond medicated powder for babies whenever that happens to LO
  • Loading the player...
  • Aquaphor! Nothing with any type of scent!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Noticed this by accident one day with Peyton & felt horrible. 

She ALWAYS holds her head to the left bc of her toritcolis so it gets bad sometimes.  

I whipe it with a diaper web when its bad to get the gunk out (if she isn't getting a bath that night).  

I also make sure to blow on it to get it completely dry 

When it's really acting up (red at all..because it will turn raw quick (thank you FIL for leaving a soaking wet bib on my child ALL DAY!!))..I put desitin creamy on it.  Usually over night it looks ALOT better and the next day completely cleared up!

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Lydia had this a few times....I just try to really wipe after eating or spitting up. I also put a little baby powder on her neck.
  • My DD used to have this problem, so much so that we used to nickname her Cheeseneck all the time. My only solution was to try to avoid any milk getting there & wiping it about a million times. We bathe her every night.
  • imagemichelfrog:
    My LO has the exact same thing!  I felt like the only one.  Our pedi said we could use some neosporin but to not live it on for a long time.  We never tried this.  We give her a bath every two days and do our best to wash and dry it but she hates it.  Any suggestions would be great.

Im loving LOs popped collar!

• imagechristin3580:

imagemichelfrog:
    My LO has the exact same thing!  I felt like the only one.  Our pedi said we could use some neosporin but to not live it on for a long time.  We never tried this.  We give her a bath every two days and do our best to wash and dry it but she hates it.  Any suggestions would be great.

Im loving LOs popped collar!

Thanks!  Her daddy loves that photo.  My LO has the same toy as your Ava.  Although she doesnt hold onto it yet. 

• My pedi said it was okay to put Desitin on it. I have done it a few times already and it does make it go away. GL
  • First, make sure you dry it really really well after a bath. DD HATES this but you have to do it. Be careful with powders (inhalation issues). Pedi recommended that after I dry it after a bath to treat it like a diaper rash and put aquafor on it. I know it sounds weird but something about the moisture blocking. It worked for us.
  • I wipe it several times a day with a diaper wipe and then blow on it to air dry. When it's really bad we use diaper rash cream. It clears up overnight.

Putting bibs on DD has helped with this a lot. She spits up while laying down and if I don't notice it'll just run into her neck rolls.

• A&D Ointment workd great
    TTC #1 since June 2006. Unexplained.

IUI#1: 50 mg of Clomid = BFN.
    IUI #2: 50 mg of clomid trigger = BFN
    On a breakLilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

Check Out My Blog
  • Our guys neck is so red , and our Dr said to put diaper rash cream on it.  Seems to be working!!

•  We use hydrocortisone cream after bath, very little goes a long way and it's usually gone by morning.  We don't use it often and we also bathe him every night and make sure I wash his neck really well.
  • We wash with baby soap, dry, then use desitin on it.  Usually clears it up in about 1-2 days.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"