Parenting

OMG. I know some of the most country people

a few days ago a co-worker emailed me back saying to come see her sometime and that she's "only a few rolls from where we used to sit." she is straight country so i chuckled and let it go. i just looked at fb updates and an old classmate said "this is the second week in a roll we've ..." wtf? it's row people, not roll. a roll is something you eat or something you do.  i can't believe i grew up in the same place they did.

Re: OMG. I know some of the most country people

• lol!  took me a few minutes trying to figure what she said....I need to learn to read posts better!
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • At first, I was like, "roll?" And then I got to the second reference and...

BWAAAHAHAHAA

My babies!! Patrick Aydin, 9.24.07, and Alia Noor, 6.1.11 imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL...so does "country people" mean stupid or something?  While I completely agree that people should know the difference between "roll" and "row," I would hate to classify all people that live in the country that way.  But I know what you mean otherwise!
  • oh how I love people who write things out as they speak it! lol

haha

• imageInvBK:
    LOL...so does "country people" mean stupid or something?  While I completely agree that people should know the difference between "roll" and "row," I would hate to classify all people that live in the country that way.  But I know what you mean otherwise!

personally I'd use "ghetto" would that be ok?

• call it what you will. they are country and if you actually heard them speak there would be no disputing it.

• I think it depends on the part of the country.  My friend from southern Illinois (country) says "warsh" if she is going to wash her hair or car.  I live in the country in Michigan and we don't say that.
  • Sorry, I guess I'm just sensitive about that because I do live in the country.  I guess if I lived in the ghetto I wouldn't like others calling people who say and do stupid things "ghetto" either.  It's probably just a regional thing though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"