Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

When did you start on your nursery?

I'm 16 weeks tmrw and keep looking in the room that I'm going to make the nursery. It's more like a junk room right now. I always say I'll start cleaning it out or start something, but the weekend comes and goes. I'm probably just getting lazy. It seems so overwhelming to start.  I also don't know what I'm having yet, so I think I'm also waiting til I find that out, which will be in 3 weeks.

So, How far along were you when you started on your nursery? Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you start on your nursery?

• Options
    We ordered the furniture around 21 weeks, and from there I started buying bedding and accessories for it. I didn't start putting it together until the furniture arrived 3 months later.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Options

imageKittyKatMom:
    We ordered the furniture around 21 weeks, and from there I started buying bedding and accessories for it. I didn't start putting it together until the furniture arrived 3 months later.

This ... at my 20 week ultrasound, the sex of the baby was confirmed ... from there, we went and picked out and ordered the furniture ... the furniture didn't arrive until week 31. But between that time, I selected the bedding. Didn't start putting things together (buying accessories, etc.) until the furniture arrived and the bedding was on. Since that time, we've been putting the nursery together.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our nursery was the guest BR. We cleaned out during our vacation over the Christmas holidays, which I think means I was 17 wks. We ordered the crib during 18 weeks, found out at 20 and have her bedding and glider ordered as of last week. Just waiting on those to come in to decide on a paint color and a dresser.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haven't started ours. :) I'm having trouble picking bedding, so I don't know what color crib to buy...yada yada. But the crib I like is on diapers.com and I can get it in two days, so if nothing else, we'll at least have a place for him to sleep when he gets here.?
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We ordered the furniture at 21 weeks and it *should* arrive at the store tomorrow. We are having the windows replaced tomorrow and we will paint Saturday.

My MIL is making the bedding with fabric we picked out and will probably bring it down when the baby is born. Obviously, we didn't get things done as early as I had wanted. Over the next few weeks my mom will help me decorate. At this point I just can't get too excited if LO comes before the nursery is ready.

We did clean the room out over the Christmas holidays, which was a huge step for my DH.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

i started at 18 weeks (right after big u/s)...i do little things each week (framing pics, hanging a mobile, etc each week).  tonight i put up the raindrop decals:

• Options
    havent started lol waiting till after my baby shower (34 weeks) to see what we receive, But my MIL & FIL will be buying the crib in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I think I finished mine right around 16 weeks...LOL...but I am a huge planner.
  • Options
    It took me a long time to decide on the crib and I started looking around 16 weeks or so. Ordered the crib at 19 weeks from BambiBaby.com bc it was on sale and could have had it the next week but we weren't ready for it so they held it for me. Office was mostly cleaned out at 21 weeks. We debated painting for a while then decided to get everything in and see if we wanted to paint after that. I ordered the bedding somewhere around there and the crib was delivered at 25 weeks.  Then we ended up painting at 29 weeks and got the glider at 30 weeks.  It has slowly been coming together since then!  We had the shower at 32 weeks after which I organized the closet and drawers.  Last week we hung up the pictures and shelves and now we just have the decals to put up and decide on lighting.  I hope to be completely done next week at 35 weeks.
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
  • Options
    We have the crib and dresser picked out and will be getting it at the store after we have painted the Nursery. We also bought the bedding last weekend and I have ordered some accessories for the nursery online already. We are planning on starting this weekend with getting the furniture out of there and hopefully painting so i'm very excited!!
  • Options

We will start this weekend!  Family members are ordering the furniture and bedding as a gift.  We will be snowed in this weekend so we are replacing molding, closet doors, and prepping for paint (which we will do once the bedding comes in).  If all goes well, I hope to be finished by the end of the month.

• Options
    We just started working last weekend (week 22).  I organized all of my scrapbook stuff, because the nursery use to be the guest room/my craft room.  Yesterday we put in a closet organizer.  We haven't ordered any furniture yet.  I'm hoping that my mom will order the crib soon, since she wants to get it for us.
  • Options

The crib & changing table were given to us last March before we even went off BC & started trying.  We ordered the dresser at the end of Dec (about 24wks along) & the glider back in Nov (probably around wk 17 or so I guess).  We bought the bedding in Nov as well.

DH started painting last weekend (we had already primed the walls last feb when it was going to be a guest room, use to be an ugly green so we wanted to get rid of that!).  He's hoping to get the rest of the painting done this weekend since we'll be snowed in anyway.  After the paint is done, it should only be another weekend of work (chair rails, crown molding, new cordless blinds & curtains) before we can move the furniture in!

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options
    Not for a while. We ordered the crib around 25w. It's now here and this past weekend (at about 32w), DH and FIL assembled the crib and dresser. We also bought a rug and a few prints to frame. That's still about as far as we've gotten. This weekend I plan on clearing out the closet (which I did at one point, but it just got bad again...) and until our glider comes in and our bedding gets delivered (my parents bought it for us but it's at their house, out of state), we won't be doing a whole lot, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Ours was a "junk/storage" room too...we cleaned it out 3 weeks ago, and I'm starting to decide on stuff I want to buy (furniture, wall decals, etc.). I'm planning to paint in the next month.
  • Options
    Our nursery was the "catch all" and excercise room so at about 21 weeks we started to declutter and empty it out. Then DH started the renovations which he wrapped up around 24 weeks. We ordered the furniture and bought bedding around 22 weeks and the furniture came very quickly so now we have a partially finished nursery waiting for finishing touches and anything we get at the showers.
  • Options
    i ordered the bedding around 21 weeks and then when it came in about a week later, we started cleaning out the room that is his nursery.  we got the furniture & assembled it about three weeks ago but that's all we have done so far! :) we will probably hang some of the artwork & that type of stuff (we're not painting-- we rent & will be moving when he's about 6 months) this weekend since we'll be snowed in! :-P the goal for us is to be done around 34 weeks.
  • Options
    Does buying a mobile count as "starting?"  I ordered a little deer mobile, and when it came in around 22 weeks, mom and I went and bought a few miles of fabric to make the bedding and curtains.  I'm planning on ordering my furniture on Sunday (will be 26 weeks).  I still haven't sorted through the plastic bins from our move last May... I think the snowstorm tonight/tomorrow will be helpful for getting that started at least.  We need to paint and get fresh carpet installed in there as well. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Options
    i was about 6-7 months when we started to clean out the computer room to make it a nursery for ds.
  • Options
    I started around 16 weeks after finding out the sex.  I would start cleaning it now if you can.  I felt pretty good during the second trimester, but it was hard to get anything done those last couple of months.
  • Options
    Our nursery is going to be the sitting area of our master bedroom... it's a disaster right now. We haven't even started anything. We'll probably start the decluttering in the next couple of weeks or so (since the big u/s to confirm sex is at 20 weeks)  and then get going on getting it. Really, we just need to order stuff, since we can't paint, so it may get to wait for a while. But at least we can get things cleaned up and maybe get the furniture in there moved out of the way.
    imageimage

• Options
    I have been looking at ideas forever. I ordered the furniture two weeks ago and it should be in any day now. Our big u/s is Tuesday, so at that point I can pick a paint color and fabric for the bedding that my Gram will make me. I'll be stunned if it isn't completed by the end of March.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

we kinda started cleaning out the room.... we're going to buy paint tomorrow, we have a crib, but other than that, nothing!

we need to get our butts in gear!

• Options
    we got our furniture when I was 30 weeks.  We started clearing out the room a couple weeks before that.  Now I'm just making/buying finishing touches for the room and then I'm done!  Can't wait till it's complete...well actually it won't be complete until the baby is in it!! lol
  • Options

I "started" clearing out the extra bedroom. We have the crib assembled in the middle of the room with the extra bed and dresser and junk still in there. We are still debating on the paint color and my mom is in the process of making her bedding.

I also have pretty much all of her things. A friend is taking photos at the Mizzou campus when it gets "springy" looking outside.

Then we decided last week, maybe we should look into buying a house. So I'm not sure when we will be done. :-/

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"