Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

HELP---2.5 month old sleep regression?

I need help!

My little guy had been doing SO good. He would go down at 10:30ish and would sleep until between 8 and 9. He did this for WEEKS...we were thrilled and assumed he was sleeping through the night. (Before this point, he was sleeping about 6 hours at a time, and then another 3-4 after that, and that was going on since about 1 month)

Well, this past week all hell has broke loose it seems. We put him down at 10, and he's up at 12:30. I feed him or rock him back to sleep, and he wakes up as soon as I put him in the crib. He finally falls asleep about an hour later...but then he wakes up at 5:30-6ish, if he doesn't wake up again in before that.

I go back to work on Tuesday and I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm just exhausted all over again from being up with him so much at night. I was actually excited about going back to work when he was sleeping well because I didn't think we'd have any issues..but now it seems like he is just regressing.

Anyone else have something like this happen? Any tips or advice??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP---2.5 month old sleep regression?

• Options

My LO had recently had a few nights where she woke up much earlier than normal.  I think she was about the same age as your LO.  Someone told me there's a growth spurt around 10 weeks. 

If it's any consolation, my LO slept 8 hours last night which she has never done before.  Before her sleep got screwy she was sleeping about 6 hours a night.  So maybe your LO will got back to normal in a few days. 

• Options

I was just about to post this same exact post today!  My little guy is 10 1/2 weeks right now.  He has been STTN since he was about 4 weeks old.  He slept through the night for the first time Christmas Eve (like 8 hours-no joke) and then continued that whole week.  Then we were back to 4-5 hour stretches and gradually worked our way back up to 6-7.  2 weeks ago, he started sleeping 8+ hours again and I thought we had finally gotten it.  The past 2 nights, he's been up every 3!!!!!  AHHHHH!!!!!  I need my sleep back! 

My little guy is huge.  At his 2 month check up last week, he was already over 17 pounds (he was 11-10 at birth).  The pedi is having us add cereal to his bottle to keep him from eating too much formula and to help with his reflux.  I'm thinking he's ready for a little more in the evening to help him stay fuller longer.  If that doesn't work, we'll go back to straight formula.  I hate the thought of giving my 2 month old cereal, but he IS that much bigger than other babies his age.  His brother was this size when he was 10 MONTHS OLD!  

So, I have no advice.  I'm curious to read what others write.  Just know you're not alone! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"