Boston Babies

Can you tell me about BWH?

I am delivering at Brigham and Women's Hospital. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences there. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can you tell me about BWH?

• I haven't delivered there (yet!) but I had emergency surgery there for an ectopic pregnancy last year. The rooms (single) were nice - warm rather than sterile. I felt extremely well cared for and comfortable there. Based on my experience you couldn't pay me to deliver somewhere else.

Isis Maternity provides online registration for free hospital tours of B&W:

https://www.isismaternity.com/hospitals/brigham_and_womens_hospital

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered there in July.  I had a wonderful experience.  I developed per-e and hellp syndrome at 30 weeks and they took wonderful care of me in a very serious situation.  Our daughter spent 69 days at the nicu there and it was/is the most amazing group of people there.  I hope you don't need to go to the 6th floor and see the nicu but it is nice to know that it is there is if you need it.
  • I delivered there (c-section) and had a WONDERFUL experience!
  • I delivered there and the rooms were nice and the I loved my nurse. The food was pretty good. I guess the only "bad" thing was that after I delivered I had to wait a little more then an hour for a recovery room to be ready and once I did get to my room I had to page the nurse 3 times so I could get up to use the bathroom. I waited like 30-40min until someone finally came in and that point I told MH to "F it" I'm getting up myself. Check out the bathroom though. Our shower stall door leaked so the floor would be covered with water after being used. We did go home with lots of goodies though for us and the baby.
  • Thanks for all the information!
  • Has anyone used Isis Maternity for child birthing or pre-natal classes?  Are they any good?  I'm strongly considering them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"