Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFC!

Re: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFC!

• Options
    imageRangergal9:
    imageKhloesMom:

I'm LOL'ing at all of the Mid-Atlantic people freaking out over a foot or 2 of snow and the concept that it may shut down cities for a week. It's USUALLY a very regular occurrence for us NE'rs and we have to go to work in it! Enjoy it!!!

I grew up in NJ and schools would close with 2" on the ground.  Here in MA they don't even close with 2' on the ground... just a delay.  lol

My confession: I can't stand my SIL.  It's gotten worse now that she is pregnant.  She is all preaching about how she is eating all organic, delivering naturally at a birth center, etc...  I could care less how she wants to, and am not criticizing anyone who chooses those things, but I just feel like she is bragging about it.  We were talking to someone and I said I ate hot dogs throughout my pregnancy and she was like, "I would never eat them while I was pregnant"  I was like.. well la-de-da lady!  She irks me...

Hey NE girls! Not really a confession but a funny thought. My DH is from Chelsea MA and laughs at the panic that spreads over these "silly" snow storms. Tells stories of taking the bus (MBTA not a school bus) to HS in town and the bus fishtailing on ice. No cancellation, no delay. I'm sure these stories will turn into taller tales as DS gets older. We are self proclaimed wimps around here with the snow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLerxie:

I had a massively intense sex dream a couple nights ago.

The confession part is that it was of Pauly D from Jersey Shore and I am surprisingly not embarrassed by it.

if it makes you feel any better, i would've dated vinny in another life. 

who am i kidding?  i would in this life. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagechach916:
    I just found out I'm pregnant. :)

Congratulations! 

Don't let this get lost in the FFFCs.  Post your own BFP!

• Options

imagelabooshki:
    I judge women who don't pluck their eyebrows. There is nothing attractive about bushes on your FACE!

The only times I ever notice someone's eyebrows are:

1) they have one massive unibrow, or two huge caterpillar-ish eyebrows.

2) they have plucked their eyebrows until they look permanently shocked.

3) they have plucked their eyebrows into oblivion and re-drawn them, possibly with a Sharpie.

In general, I find overplucking more disturbing.

• Options

I can't believe the NYC212 haters haven't called out VioletVirgo for posting daily about her excessive income and ridiculously high tax bracket.  Check yesterday's UO for an example. 

I'm also surprised that no one has made a comment about the perfect, med-free birth comment in her sig.  That usually gets birth-enviers all up in arms.

• Options

image*sallymad*:
    I am SO f-ing sick of dd's grunting for wanting things. "EH!" "EH!" "EH!" "EH!" "EEHHHH!" "EH!" "EH!" All day long! I know she can't help it and I try to stay as calm as possible but by the end of the day.......

This times 100.  The "eh!"s combined with the long whines are driving me nuts.  I've already put D down for a nap this morning (he fell asleep in about 3 minutes, he needed it) rather than try to keep him on his daycare schedule because I'm so annoyed by the constant whining.

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagechach916:
    image*NNO*:

imagechach916:
    I just found out I'm pregnant. :)

How is this a confession?? CONGRATS! 

Its a confession because I haven't told anyone yet!  Stick out tongue

Yes, congrats! 

woo hoo congrats!!! Thanks for sharing lol
  • Options

I bust my a** to get home from work and cook a nice, homemade and mostly healthy dinner for the 3 of us. Well, dinner was a complete flop last night, so I cleared the table, threw it all in the trash and cleaned up the kitchen before anyone had time to even take a bite. I made DS a grilled cheese, told DH "there'll be no dinner tonight!" and then pouted like a 5-year-old.

I've had a rough week, and dinner sent me over the edge. I'm usually very level-headed, so not my proudest moment. I'm pretty sure DH had to hold back his laughter because it was so over-the-top ridiculous.

• Options
    imageLikeISeeIt:

I can't believe the NYC212 haters haven't called out VioletVirgo for posting daily about her excessive income and ridiculously high tax bracket.  Check yesterday's UO for an example. 

I'm also surprised that no one has made a comment about the perfect, med-free birth comment in her sig.  That usually gets birth-enviers all up in arms.

goes to show you that its *how* you say it :) not the fact that anyone here does or does not have money.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options

My confession:

If Joseph doesn't stop stiffening up and throwing himself back in a reverse head-butt, like the one he just did that felt like it shattered my right cheekbone, I am going to sell him on Craigslist.

• Options

imagelabooshki:
    I judge women who don't pluck their eyebrows. There is nothing attractive about bushes on your FACE!

LMAO i recently stopped plucking my brows because i over plucked and they were looking all wonky. the more i tried to fix it, the worse it got. so i have big tarantula eyebrows on my face. I plan on getting them waxed in another week or so though. but i have been wondering what people think when they see my brows.

• Options
    imageMomma.Brown:

imagelabooshki:

LMAO i recently stopped plucking my brows because i over plucked and they were looking all wonky. the more i tried to fix it, the worse it got. so i have big tarantula eyebrows on my face. I plan on getting them waxed in another week or so though. but i have been wondering what people think when they see my brows.

don't wax them if you can help it.  can you get them threaded?  they can usually give you great shape and it's 100x better for your skin.

• Options

I blame myself for Sawyer's blindness/health problems. He had an in utero stroke. The high risk doc I saw for Crusoe said that even if I had gotten blood work done prior to having DS1 he wouldn't have made me see a special doc or do anything different with my pregnancy.

so basically it was unavoidable...either random or due to blood clotting problems. But still I feel guilty and terrible and sad for him which is probably why I work harder than anyone w/ him on physical therapy and developmenta stuff.

• Options
    imageLikeISeeIt:

Is there any chance that you are NYC212?

• Options
    imageGramyson:

don't wax them if you can help it.  can you get them threaded?  they can usually give you great shape and it's 100x better for your skin.

really? i will have to find a place that does it (other than a mall kiosk!). thanks for the tip!

• Options
    imageMomma.Brown:
    imageGramyson:

really? i will have to find a place that does it (other than a mall kiosk!). thanks for the tip!

you'd be surprised. the mall kiosk here *always* has a line bc they are so fast and stellar at it. lol so don't knock them for having a good location ;) 

13 galveston1

• Options

i love everything the company DH works for has been doing for us.  his boss has told him to take a few extra days off to spend with family (and lots of other benefits here & there), but sometimes i feel like i sold my soul to the devil.  i'm a bad bad liberal.

i am also really sad that this stupid snow storm is right in the way of him driving here.

my shirt is riding up in the back, and DS just walked up behind me and started pulling it down.  i guess he wants me to be modest.

• Options

DH is visiting us for the first time in four months in mid-March, and four days after he arrives I'm going to Cairo for work for a week. I could have turned down the opportunity, but it's honor to be selected for this particular event, and will be a great step in my career. After I return, we'll only have one week together before he leaves again. He's encouraging me to go, but I still feel awful.

I'm also somewhat afraid that he'll have no idea what to do with DS for a week. 

Every morning when DS wakes up, I put on an episode of Sesame Street and cuddle with him on the couch. I inevitably fall asleep. This isn't the most interactive parenting, but if I didn't do it, I'd be a zombie all day.

• Options
    imageLoriFalce:

imagelabooshki:

3) they have plucked their eyebrows into oblivion and re-drawn them, possibly with a Sharpie.

All.of.this!!! I can't stand bad eyebrows in general. They frame your eyes, they MUST look good!!!!

• Options
    imageLoriFalce:

imagelabooshki:

I agree with that end too!

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
  • Options
    imagelpennie16:

I blame myself for Sawyer's blindness/health problems. He had an in utero stroke. The high risk doc I saw for Crusoe said that even if I had gotten blood work done prior to having DS1 he wouldn't have made me see a special doc or do anything different with my pregnancy.

so basically it was unavoidable...either random or due to blood clotting problems. But still I feel guilty and terrible and sad for him which is probably why I work harder than anyone w/ him on physical therapy and developmenta stuff.

Don't feel guilty about this, like the doctor said it was unavoidable. There's nothing you did or didn't do. You're a great Mom!

• Options

I know I'm kind of a "newbie" around here, but thought I'd join in!

I hated the 30-day shred (I really injured my knees even though I always made sure my posture was right!), and...

More photography related - I HATE my new 50mm 1.8 lens, even though everyone on the photog board (and everywhere else it seems) dry humps it.  Think I'm gonna return it :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagepumpkin_head:

I hated the 30-day shred (I really injured my knees even though I always made sure my posture was right!), and...

More photography related - I HATE my new 50mm 1.8 lens, even though everyone on the photog board (and everywhere else it seems) dry humps it.  Think I'm gonna return it :(

is there a reason you hate it? 

13 galveston1

• Options
    imageLikeISeeIt:

(shrug) Who cares??? I don't care... People in here just get jealous, which is what happened with NYC212.

• Options

I am sick of hearing people freak out and complain about snow. It happens every year, if you live in a state that gets it either get over it or move. It amazes me that people will go and stockpile for 12 inches. I am from MI and lived on the lake so it wasn't unusually to wake up and dig your car out to go to work. NO I was never told not to come in and I didn't call of MI doesn't shut down for snow. I personally love love love it even when I have to go out in it!

DH is due to renlist anytime between March of this year and March of next year. I am secretly hoping with everything I have he decides to get out. This life was fine without kids but with them I really want to move closer to family and would love for her to grow up with cousins the way I did. However it will depend on if he can get into the border patrol or several other options. If not then it would be best to stay in.

• Options
    imagelpennie16:

((hugs))

Like you said, it was unavoidable. You are a good mom, and you're being too hard on yourself.

• Options
    imageGramyson:
    imageMomma.Brown:

imagelabooshki:

This!!! I get my brows threaded. Waxing pulls at the delicate skin around your eyes, which can do major damage as you age.

• Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageLikeISeeIt:

goes to show you that its *how* you say it :) not the fact that anyone here does or does not have money.

ITA w/punk on this one. and seriously you're blowing VV's "daily postings" out of proportion. yesterday may have been one thing, but come on. and i can list a whole slew of ladies who have mentioned their finances more than once on here. don't single out VV.  

• Options
    imageJuneSUBride:

I'm scared to meet with EI this morning. I feel like they are going to tell me something is wrong with DS. I know a developmental delay isn't the end of the world but WHY do all babies have to develop at the same rate? How can a baby thats not even a year and a half old have an effing speech delay?

I'm in denial.

Oh, and on that note .. I hate when I read posts where LOs have 50 words at 15 months. I automatically think your lying and counting everything you think your child has said.

Not a FFFC, but just wanted to let you know my daughter's developmental delays are actually why I stopped coming by these boards.  At 10 months was just sitting - barely rolling, not getting in to or out of sit, etc.  Coming on the bump and reading that babies her age were walking was unbearable.  She also would not eat any solid foods.  We started with EI in early October and they initially said she wouldn't walk until 2 yrs old.  She was eating solids after a week and was crawling within 2.5 months and now at 14 months they say she will be walking within the next few weeks.  I just wanted to let you know that our EI experience has been amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I am sure all will work out well - I think some babies just need a little 'boost'.  Good luck!

• Options
    I don't *get* Daniel Tosh or Tosh 2.0. I am all for edgy humor, but he is just not funny. His comedy is about the level I would expect to see at an amateur comedy club.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    imageLikeISeeIt:

NYC212 is one of two people on here that I've never been able to stand and VioletVirgo is not the other one. It goes to show that it's not about jealousy or the money, but the attitude and the total suckage "look at what all my money has bought me and I'm so much better than the rest of you because I'm rich" feeling I used to get from every.single.one.of.her.posts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    imagebetsnup:

image*sallymad*:
    I am SO f-ing sick of dd's grunting for wanting things. "EH!" "EH!" "EH!" "EH!" "EEHHHH!" "EH!" "EH!" All day long! I know she can't help it and I try to stay as calm as possible but by the end of the day.......

This times 100.  The "eh!"s combined with the long whines are driving me nuts.  I've already put D down for a nap this morning (he fell asleep in about 3 minutes, he needed it) rather than try to keep him on his daycare schedule because I'm so annoyed by the constant whining.

I guess my confession is that, when Sarah gets whiny and fussy and stubborn, I tell her to save it because no one cares.  Embarrassed

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options

I don't usually do FFFC, and this probably won't be seen as a confession to most, but it has just been on my mind lately and came up in a post last night ... 

I work part-time a few evenings per week and Saturday during the day, and DH is with our boys. Therefore we have no need for daycare (which saves us a ton of $$). My company is extremely flexible, so I can pick up extra hours if I want them or request off easily. DH and I have very little quality time together with the boys together though since I'm with them all day while he works, and then he is with them by himself a few evenings a week and on Saturday.

I have been wondering recently if I am really cut out for this full time SAHM thing. I feel like I would like to work more than I do, especially since I was recently able to move my position to a work-from-home position. I feel guilty feeling this way. I feel like I should be taking in every moment I have with my boys and just be thankful I'm able to be with them. It's a tough situation for me.

Oh and something that is flameful ... I still don't feel as though I've connected with DS#2 as deeply as I did with DS#1. I feel extreme mom guilt every single day about this (amongst other things).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imagepumpkin_head:

Maybe it's because I have a smallish house, but I feel like I'm always too close to my subject (usually DD), no matter how far I back up.  I did research and I knew that it was fixed, but it's starting to frustrate me.  I have gotten some really great pics with it, but only after taking like a bajillion :)  The focus points area little wacky also.

• Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:

you'd be surprised. the mall kiosk here *always* has a line bc they are so fast and stellar at it. lol so don't knock them for having a good location ;) 

honestly its not so much about the quality or sanitation. its actually about the crowds. i dont like people 'observing', if that makes any sense.

totally unrelated, i like the new photog name. that's very clever.

• Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imagepumpkin_head:

Maybe it's because I have a smallish house, but I feel like I'm always too close to my subject (usually DD), no matter how far I back up.  I did research and I knew that it was fixed, but it's starting to frustrate me.  I have gotten some really great pics with it, but only after taking like a bajillion :)  The focus points area little wacky also.

• Options
    imageMomma.Brown:
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:

honestly its not so much about the quality or sanitation. its actually about the crowds. i dont like people 'observing', if that makes any sense.

totally unrelated, i like the new photog name. that's very clever.

hah i could see how that would be... um, weird to be watched on.

and thanks. :)

13 galveston1

• Options
    imagepumpkin_head:
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imagepumpkin_head:

lol oh. then i don't feel bad. ;) get a 30mm or a wide-angle maybe. good luck! 

13 galveston1

• Options

-Whenever we pass by a McDonalds in the car, DD always starts screaming "Donalds! Donalds!!" ConfusedEmbarrassed

-I'm working from home today due to the snow storm and I kept DD home with me for the same reasons, even though I paid the babysitter for today anyway. Yeah, big FAIL... I don't know how I'm going to get my tasks done today.

-In attempting to meet my "I'm really not a biitch DIL" quota for the year, I suggested to DH that we invite MIL to spend Xmas with us this year. He wanted me to call her immediately and invite her. I told him I wanted to have our ducks in a row first... considering we will probably be footing the bill to fly her here and we are still working on fixing our ground level (where she would stay if my friend is still renting the guest room). But at the same time, it's beyond me how she can't save or just charge $300 on her Amex to fly here. I know, I'm a terrible person for even having that thought, huh?

-That's all for now....

• Options
    My confession: I have no idea what eyebrow threading is.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

my angel babies: 6/10 (chem. pg), 9/10 @ 10 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"