Illinois Babies
Options

The Northwestern Children's Practice

Does anyone go to The Northwestern Children's Practice at 680 N. Lake Shore?  What are your experiences?  Do you recommend them?  Any specific Doctor recommendations?  Any bad experiences?

Re: The Northwestern Children's Practice

• Options
    Hi, I haven't gone to my 1st Dr's appt yet (it's not until 12/29) but my friend recommended Dr. Roth (Abby Roth I believe) and there are a few other doctors in her group.  I now know at least 3 women who have had their babies there and loved it.  I also visited my one friend who had her baby there 6 months ago and it's a very beautiful place.  I've only heard good things about it. 
  • Options

Hello.  The children I nannied for formerly went to this practice and their primary doctor was Dr. Unger. They are always able to fit someone in on an emergency basis.  Clean and inviting. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

i would absolutely NOT recommend them.

the office staff was very disorganized. the doctor we saw yelled at me (a medical professional) for the way i cared for my child. (yes...my child is meeting all his milestones-early, eating, sleeping, and gaining wt....i must be doing something wrong). the final straw was they sent me a letter a month after we saw them stating we were being sent to collections b/c we didn't pay our co-pay. ?we never recieved a bill. ?

i have reported them.

i would recommend NMPG peds. ?easy appts. the NPs are wonderful.

• Options
    When we lived downtown our DD saw Dr. Hwan at NMPG.  He was great.  I'm struggling with whether to stay with her new doctor (in the burbs now), as we just don't like him as much as we liked Dr. Hwan.  She saw a few of their docs when she was first born.  My OB was also with NMPG and he was great too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options

We switched to NWCP after a bad experience with another pediatrician. I have been very happy with them. They have open "sick hours" each morning (even on Sat and Sun). That has been really helpful, as you don't have to make an appt if you have a sick child. We see Dr. Goldstein and he is great. 

Parking options: you can park in the garage within the building, or valet at the W for about $12.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"