Alabama Babies

Why am I still throwing up?

I do have issues with reflux, but occasionally I will throw up food after eating and it doesn't burn like reflux.  The last two times were after eating an apple and today after eating at Taziki's.  Neither times were anything spicy.  It happened fast like reflux (like a burp) but again didn't burn and unaccompanied by nausea.  Do you think it's reflux or my expanding uterus putting pressure on my stomach?  I really want to try to keep this from happening.  These two times happened in my car where I had a little trash bag and I would really hate for it to happen in a meeting at work :-/. 

Re: Why am I still throwing up?

• Aw man, I don't have any advice, but wanted to say I hope you feel better. 
  • imagekc0721:
    Aw man, I don't have any advice, but wanted to say I hope you feel better. 

Thanks, honey. How are you feeling?

• Loading the player...
  • that's happened to me 2x. both times in the morning after i tried to get down a considerable amount for bfast. it was like i gagged and then all of a sudden stuff came out. but i wasn't nauseous and it didn't burn. it hasn't happened since. it sucks though :(

• It sounds like my reflux/indigestion.  I have to take Pepcid 2x a day with Tums on top of that or I have to deal with vomit rising.  I hope it resolves!
  • I'm sorry!  I had consistent morning sickness until 23-24 weeks, and then it got much better.  I would still have a day every now and then later in my pregnancy where I would just randomly get sick.  Brushing my teeth never seemed to get better!
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I"m sorry.  I threw up my entire pregnancy...sometimes from reflux, sometimes from nausea... but it sucked.

You can safely take pepcid while pregnant - maybe you could try that and see if it is cause my reflux, then you may be able to contain it. 

• I'm so sorry! Hope it gets better soon, maybe Pepcid will help! 
  • Hey Hun...sounds like a GI issue to me...I have a gastroenterologist that's really good if you'd like his info...hope you feel better soon!
  • Thanks, ladies.  I figured it was reflux and will resume taking Pepcid to see if that stops it. 

Rory, I had the same problem brushing my teeth and my gag reflex in the beginning.  It was the only time I would throw up and it sucked.  Thank goodness that has stopped now.  I really feel for those who are sick their entire pregnancy.  

Ashley, I don't think I need to see a GI, but thanks for offering yours up! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"