New Jersey Babies
Options

NJ towns

Hi,

My DH and I currently live in Hoboken renting a 1br, however, we will soon need to move to at least a 2br.  We are kind of new to NJ.  And if you know Hoboken, then you know that a nice 2br is expensive.  Any ideas of a nice town, not too far from Hoboken ( DH works here), to raise a kid? with affordable housing?

Thanks!!

Re: NJ towns

• Options

Rutherford is a cute town.  Has train too. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

ask on the NJ nest board - it's MUCH more active

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/3230677/ShowForum.aspx

I live in Morris County - about 40 minutes from Hoboken... love it out here- but you can find something closer in a nice town, too.  It all really depends... does he want to take the train to hoboken daily?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

check out The Thread in Union City

My friend lives there and pays $1800 a month

https://www.threaduc.com/site/index.php

• Options
    We're in Rutherford and it's a 20 minute train ride to Hoboken - super easy.  Rutherford is a really cute town - a bunch of nice restaurants and has a great family feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would suggest Montclair, which is about 20 minute car ride with no traffic. You can also get a train from there. Rutherford is also cute. Lyndhurst is also close and okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!!
  • Options

i too live in a 1 BR in hoboken-- and we've done tons of research about nearby burbs with a train and nice downtown-- winners are chatham, madison, summit, westifeld, scotch plains.  ( love montclair, but can't handle essex county property taxes)

good luck!

• Options
    my dh and i moved out of hoboken 2 years ago to middletown/holmdel area, its about 45 mins from hoboken and a great area.
  • Options
    I second Westfield and Scotch Plains, I love the area (live in Scotch Plains, very close to Westfield). We've been living in the same place for a while now, so I'm not sure how much housing prices go for now, but our 1br apartment is $1275.
  • Options
    I have extended family that live in Westfield. It is a nice area. I live in Milltown which is an adorable little town down the street from east brunswick and north brunswick. Very cute! It has a bit of the Hoboken feel with some loft style condo's and also adorable housing. There is a mainstreet in town that has cute little stores, from dunkin donuts, to personally owned stores and the people here are nice. Too bad my hubby and I might be both moving up in the job situation, becaue I love it here, but looks like we will have to move in a year. :(
  • Options
    lyndhurst is also nice and its close to the train too.
  • Options
    Check out upper Bergen Co.  (Ridgewood, Wyckoff)  Great schools & easy to get into the city or hoboken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"