Success after IF

Does ICSI = more girls?

Or did I make that up in my head??? I don't know why I have that idea in my head, and I am not finding real data to support this...

anyone know? ICSI would not cost us extra, and although sperm was never our issues, nor was fert, however, if ICSI can increase the chance of a baby sister.....

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Does ICSI = more girls?

• I still think ICSI and 5 day transfers get more boys.

If the embryologist can tell what a girl sperm looks like and select those, maybe that will work.

I think that boy sperm are faster and girls stick around longer, in general.

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • I think I have heard something along those lines but it is not a big difference. We did ICSI and have a boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Never heard that.  We did ICSI and have a boy.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I haven't seen any stats but we did ICSI and we are expecting a boy...
  • I agree with pp that I think ICSI might mean more girls but just barely. We did ICSI and have a boy. A friend of ours did not ICSI and has a girl
    It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • G is an ICSI'd 3dt boy. If the embie they put in me (yesterday) takes, we'll need to wait 18w to find out :)

Wasn't there a poll on this a few months back? If the search functionality works for ya, and you're able to find it, lemme know.

• I always heard that IVF w/o ISCI = more boys because the male sperm swim faster than female but I haven't heard any gender stats for IVF w/ ICSI

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • ICSI + 3dt = a boy for us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure......we did do ICSI and we had 4 frozen embies - there was one boy and 3 girls. We transferred a boy and girl and the boy stuck. 5dt's do equal more boys (we did a 5dt)........

• We did ICSI with a 5dt and have a boy
  • well... we did ICSI with the cycle that got us Henry :)
  • ok, as my brain wakes up, I remember why I think this...

No idea where this thought came from...a pp's comments jogged my memory,  but yes, I remember that boy sperm tend to swim faster and therefore girls are 'easier' for the embryologist to 'catch' and therefore inject...  hence ICSI for non-MFI can mean more girls... I will ask Dr G, but I think this makes some theoretical sense... 

Ava... if i find that post, I will link it!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We did ICSI and 5dt and have girls.
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageTakYelgif:
    ICSI + 3dt = a boy for us!

Ditto for us!

• Robin,

We did ICSI and 3dt and got a girl. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're pretty sure we're having a girl...

I thought I'd heard it got you more boys, though. Although it's probably so close it's not statistically significant.

imageimage

• I did ICSI with a 5 day transfer and am having 2 girls.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know but we did ICSI with a 5 day transfer and we have a beautiful little girl :)  My friend did ICSI with 5 day transfer and she has a boy so who really knows?

• Since we did PGD the first time, I know that 9/10 embies were girls. And, of course, we ended up with two girls the second time :)

Dang it! I'd love to have a boy, but I think we're doing ICSI. Oh well, I don't really care much anyway. It'll just be a whole lotta girls in this house if we have 1 or 2 more lol.

• Boy for us!
  • We did 5dt with ICSI and got one of each!
  • ICSI, 5dt = Girl for us but I swear I thought the stats were ICSI = more boys.  

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

• We did ICSI and 3dt and I have a boy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"