Baby Showers

Shower Food

My mother is hosting my shower, but is wanting my advice with everything.

I will only have 1 shower, and as it looks right now there's about 86 people invited. So she's counting on 75 favors and planning food for 75 people just to be safe.  

She's going to have meatballs, salad, fruit along with water, coffee and punch. But for the 1pm shower she's thinking of sandwiches of some kind. So we're going between prepared sandwiches or deli platter which will cost about the same.  

So if you were attending a shower, would you rather have already prepared sandwiches, deli platters to make your own sandwich, or something else?

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

Re: Shower Food

• with that many people, I think you'd be better going with prepared sandwiches, it might be a long, slow line if people have to make their own
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Prepared sandwiches. I agree with pp on getting a line of 75 people moving quickly. I could just see my grandma meticulously putting meat and cheese on a bun...

You didn't mention cake, but you'll have cake or a dessert, right? I think that's the best part of a shower!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do prepared sandwiches but have a few choices of which kind...turkery, chicken salad, whatever.  People will have an option but won't take up a bunch of time! 
  • imagemegdrew1218:

Prepared sandwiches. I agree with pp on getting a line of 75 people moving quickly. I could just see my grandma meticulously putting meat and cheese on a bun...

You didn't mention cake, but you'll have cake or a dessert, right? I think that's the best part of a shower!

Oh yes. There will be cake!! My mom said she already had that in her mind. Not sure where she's getting it from or what it'll look like. But right now she's mainly worried about lunch foods and is now thinking that someone catering would be a better idea.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Prepared ones for sure! Don't forget to have a few lines so that they can go through it pretty quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Prepared sandwiches for the time factor, just make sure you have a few choices.  I'd be sure to have at least one vegetarian option thrown in along with a non-beef (chicken or turkey) option since the other main food is meatballs.  With that many people there'll probably be at least one who is either veg or doesn't eat red meat.

• imagemegann831:
    with that many people, I think you'd be better going with prepared sandwiches, it might be a long, slow line if people have to make their own

This. It's easier and you don't have as much to clean up after.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Personally, I've never met a prepared sandwich that I've liked - I'd much prefer a deli sandwich where I get to choose what goes on it and which condiments I want to put on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"