Trying to Get Pregnant

what the?

so i was talking to my dh lastnight about how my annual is coming up next week and im gonna discuss with her about how we have been ttc for about 5 months, he says "what? no we havent!" i say, well how long do you think its been? and he says about a month. i dont know where the *** he's been, but i have been trying for about 5 months when i stopped taking the pill! ugh
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: what the?

• Did you discuss 5 months ago coming off the pill and trying, or did you just get off the pill and not talk to him about what coming off of it meant?
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Indifferent

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Just for clarification, he knows you went off the pill 5 months ago, right?

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • imageMrs. Mo:

Just for clarification, he knows you went off the pill 5 months ago, right?

I'm wondering this as well... 

Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Confused Rut Roh 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no we had discussed it several times before, so he knew. we werent having as much sex as we started to recently cause im getting annoyed nothing has been working! i chart, and use opk's. i have the saliva ovulite one too, but havent seen a fern pattern yet on that one.
    TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecanthardlywait426:
    Did you discuss 5 months ago coming off the pill and trying, or did you just get off the pill and not talk to him about what coming off of it meant?

That was my first thought...

• yes he does know

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageveggie0420:
    no we had discussed it several times before, so he knew. we werent having as much sex as we started to recently cause im getting annoyed nothing has been working! i chart, and use opk's. i have the saliva ovulite one too, but havent seen a fern pattern yet on that one.

Whaa?

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• imageveggie0420:
    no we had discussed it several times before, so he knew. we werent having as much sex as we started to recently cause im getting annoyed nothing has been working! i chart, and use opk's. i have the saliva ovulite one too, but havent seen a fern pattern yet on that one.

so wait...you are having more or less sex because you're annoyed? 

• imageveggie0420:

Hmmm...maybe that's the problem.  Just a thought.

• imagemagnolia_femme:

imageveggie0420:

sounds like she's having more now because it hadn't worked yet.  Maybe that's why her DH only thinks they've been TTC for a month.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagemagnolia_femme:

imageveggie0420:

I "think" she means she has been sexing it up more.

OP- you may want to put a link to your chart in your siggy

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • imageveggie0420:
    my annual is coming up next week and im gonna discuss with her about how we have been ttc for about 5 months,

I'm curious.  What exactly is there to discuss about this at this point?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagegymnst1013:

imageveggie0420:

Hmmm...maybe that's the problem.  Just a thought.

Wait, you have to have sex ?!?!?! Damn, I KNEW I was doing something wrong for over a year!

ETA: OP- Although 5 months seems like a long time, it really isn't. A normal healthy couple can take a year ( or longer) to get KU. There is little that most docs will do after only 5 months.

• we were having sex, but we are having more now! ha! thats my new dumb theory- to have sex all the time cause doing it when i should be ovulating hasnt been working!! i tell ya ladies- this baby making is a job :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageveggie0420:
    we were having sex, but we are having more now! ha! thats my new dumb theory- to have sex all the time cause doing it when i should be ovulating hasnt been working!! i tell ya ladies- this baby making is a job :)

::facepalm::

yeah- try our shoes on for size.

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• sex every day couldn't hurt. 

if you've only been charting for one cycle, you probably don't know for sure when you're O-ing.  If you're not sure when you're O-ing, better to keep doin' it until AF arrives.

FWIW - even with perfect timing, you only have a 20% chance every month.

• imagemagnolia_femme:

sex every day couldn't hurt. 

if you've only been charting for one cycle, you probably don't know for sure when you're O-ing.  If you're not sure when you're O-ing, better to keep doin' it until AF arrives.

FWIW - even with perfect timing, you only have a 20% chance every month.

this.  in the early days of TTC, DH and I did it 10 days in a row.   my 5 previous cycles had been 28 days so we took a guess when to best have sex.   We did it every day between CD10 and CD20.    Turned out to have a 36 day cycle that time.   After learning to chart, I realized that with my 12 day LP, that that cycle O would have been on CD 24.    And we thought no way we could have missed our window.   Ha!

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • Men don't' listen or sometimes even have any concept of time. Especially if you don't tell him every single detail of every cycle which is what i try to avoid with DH. It just so happens my DH is all up in the biznass!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • imageJewlz018:
    Confused Rut Roh 

hehe Big Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• imageveggie0420:

Do you chart your BBT or do you mark your period on a calendar? There's a big difference.

Riley, could you bust out your newbie intro post?

imageimage
  • Keep yourself busy and try to be a little more patient.  If not, you are going to drive yourself nuts.
  • haha, they barely think about it!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imageMrsSummitCounty:

imageveggie0420:

Do you chart your BBT or do you mark your period on a calendar? There's a big difference.

Riley, could you bust out your newbie intro post?

Riley was going stir crazy and had to get out of the house - she's been snowed in for 4 days or so :)  I know there was a post last night with it in there - I'll try and find.

• ive been charting my bbt

Pregnancy Ticker
  • but didn't you say that you've only been charting for one cycle? 

The ladies above have given you good advice...hate to tell you but posting the same questions on different boards isn't going to give you the answer you want...

• I still curious what there is to talk about with your OB.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • i never said anyone hasnt given me good advice, i appreciate what everyone says, thats why i feel like i can post my questions here and not get bashed for it. im just trying to do what everyone else on here is. for the most part, everyone has been awesome and very helpful, but those who arent need to be reminded that this should be a forum to help each other out, not be rude or bitchy. and to answer a previous statement, i posted a similar question on first tri board out of curiousity to see what worked with the women who are pregnant now.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"