Alabama Babies

Back from hearing Evaluation and next steps

Everything is GOOD! Avery's hearing is perfect! We did both tests - the one you put the thingy (yes, tech. term) in their ear which is the same as the newborn screening and the one where you sit in a soundproof booth and listen for sounds.

The thingy in the ear test was sort of a flop. She didn't want anything to do with sitting still for that, but it did register.

the booth test was a little nerve racking. We started it and she wasn't responding to the higher pitches and lower noise levels. I teared up. Then she started concentrating - and "GOT" what she was supposed to do - look at the animals in the box from where the noise was coming from. They started the test over and she passed w/ flying colors. She even heard tones that *I* couldn't hear!

DH and I decided to wait 2 months until we seek additional therapy measures. She just started in the new Toddler class and she is really doing great. I already see her physically moving more. Being around the kids that are walking and talking will be really good for her I think. So I'm going to give her 2 months and see if she catches up or progresses more.

We have an appt at 18 months - if she's not meeting her speech milestones (or catching up) then we'll ask for another EI evaluation and/or go see a speech therapist.

Re: Back from hearing Evaluation and next steps

• I'm so glad you got a good report! I know that is a load off your mind...and I think giving her 2 months is a great idea :)
  • Good Job A! I think you will continue to see positive changes in her abilities with in the next 2 months.
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you got a good report!  Waiting 2 months seems like a great idea and I am sure she'll show more progress! 
  • Glad that Avery got a good report.  I think 2 months is a good time allotment for you guys to see what happens.  With her being in the new toddler class she'll probably start progressing really quickly just being around other kids. 
  • Very glad that the hearing test came back with good news. I'm sure being in the toddler class will do wonders!
  • Glad you got a good report.  Looks like the toddler class is going to be a really good thing for her.  Good luck on everything.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So glad everything checked out o.k.!  I can't imagine trying to keep a toddler still during something like that!
  • Sarah, this is AWESOME news!  So happy that the Eval went well & her hearing is great =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"