Babies: 9 - 12 Months

people really pinch their kids as a form of discipline??

Doesn't that just teach them how to pinch people??!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: people really pinch their kids as a form of discipline??

• I've never heard of this.

Jake pinches my boobs and man it hurts. I can't imagine doing that to him.

• I'm not surprised. My dad would thump my ear in the cold if I did something he didn't like. Nothing shocks me.
  • Loading the player...
  • haha my mom used to pinch us in church if we were being bad! It wasn't really discipline, more of a warning
  • Is this just a random thought or is there a link involved?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I knew a girl who worked in my daycare who pinched the kids when they were misbehaving (kinda like on the hush hush and before they could talk, and that way the cameras couldn't pick it up) My boss heard about it, but lemme tell ya what, thats the reason DD is NOT in daycare.  People who pinch make me freaking sick
  • Pinching is old school.  My mom did it.  Freaking pissed me off.

And no, that did not make me a pincher.

• imageMrs.Teddy:
    haha my mom used to pinch us in church if we were being bad! It wasn't really discipline, more of a warning

same here.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My dad's cousin used to do this to his kids (actually, he may still do it. . . I'm not sure cuz he is all sorts of wierd). 

He once told us that it was the best way to discipline kids in public because it could be done discreetly.  I believe that my mom, dad and I sat like this Indifferent for the rest of our visit and were so glad to leave their house that day!

• Never heard of it.  Sounds like what you'd find in a room full of  a bunch of 5 year olds.  ...Whose parents possibly pinched them? Lol
  • imageavakatesmama:
    I knew a girl who worked in my daycare who pinched the kids when they were misbehaving (kinda like on the hush hush and before they could talk, and that way the cameras couldn't pick it up) My boss heard about it, but lemme tell ya what, thats the reason DD is NOT in daycare.  People who pinch make me freaking sick

Ugh. I hate hearing stories like this. Sad

• Yup, like I said my SIL pinches my niece. It isn't a hard pinch just a little pinch. She is Hmong though if that makes a difference. To her that isn't really bad at all it is more of a warning. My mom used to pinch us in church when we were acting up and I hated it but we knew that if we didn't shape up and start behaving something worse was yet to come after we got out of church. The worse meant not watching TV for the week or going over to a friends house or something that she knew would hurt us more than a spank.
  • imageTrixie6717:

imageavakatesmama:
    I knew a girl who worked in my daycare who pinched the kids when they were misbehaving (kinda like on the hush hush and before they could talk, and that way the cameras couldn't pick it up) My boss heard about it, but lemme tell ya what, thats the reason DD is NOT in daycare.  People who pinch make me freaking sick

Ugh. I hate hearing stories like this. Sad

I worked at a daycare. We did not pinch or use any other form of physical punishment. Not all daycares do that, I promise.

Most love the kids that they care for. I no longer work at one, but I still think about the kids I watched, and I still love and miss them.

Pinching is awful. Not something I'll be doing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"