Working Moms
Options

How much to pay in-home babysitter?

We had originally planned to put DS in daycare the 1-3 days each week that DH nor I would be home during the day.  However, he came 7 weeks early and spent 2 9 day stints in the NICU, so we'd like to delay daycare as long as possible.  We're looking into having someone watch him in our home 1-3 days each week.  We have someone that was recommended to us that we are interested in.  We have no idea how much money to offer her and I have a feeling she has no clue how much to ask for.  We are in a very low cost of living area and the daycare we were going to use only charged $23 per day for the infant room.  She would be here from 8:30-5:30.  Any suggestions?

Re: How much to pay in-home babysitter?

• Options
    We pay our in home 130 a week, its 26 a day for full time, but that isnt much when she is only paid for your kid.  Maybe ask a nanny service what they would charge or even ask the person you want to hire what they charge.  If it seems out of control you can negotiate.  Good luck!
  • Options
    If someone is going to work for you, in your home, then I believe you need to pay at least minimum wage.  Check with a nanny payroll agency who knows the laws. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My friend have a full-time baby sitter to watch her 2 kids, and she comes in to her home, she pays her $1500/month, which is about $175/wk per child.

Another goes to an in-home daycare (she drops off her baby to this sitter's house), and she pays also $175/wk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We had a nanny until this fall when my twins went into daycare and paid her $450 a week plus taxes.  Overall it cost us about 2200 a month.  I would check with other nannies to see what the going rate is.

• Options

The going rate in Cincinnati is about $80/day from what I understand (my friend just researched it for her needs; I have a daycare at work.).

BTW, I'm from Ashland. Smile

• Options
    We pay $10/per hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"