Working Moms
Options

Insight / Tips needed

Hi everyone -

So, I am a working mom, and thought by now, I'd have it down a bit more by now, but I actually feel like I have it down less than I did at the beginning!  My daughter is one.

So I am lucky enough to have a great job at a great company that has been really flexible since the beginning.  I do work a lot and travel a lot, and that's not necessarily the issue, it's keeping it together at home.  Like - the house being clean, making sure we have dinner, making sure we eat healthy, thinking of myself and working out - which never happens.  There just isnt enough hours in the day!  When i get home, I make dinner, get her ready for bed and then generally have to jump back on my computer to finish up work.  Honestly I just don't have the energy to clean up the house, get ready for the next day, etc.  

So, I am hoping you ladies can help me understand what your schedules are like and give me some tips on how to get more organized and productive.  Anything helps!

Thanks much!!  I appreciate it!

:) 

Re: Insight / Tips needed

• Options
    I am thinking about a cleaning lady once a month to help out.
  • Options

Hire a cleaning lady, or lower your cleanliness standards.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I give myself sull permission to slack on the homefront until Sunday.  DH and I are both home all day most Sundays, so we tackle the house together and make a plan for the coming week--have DD pick out her clothes, plan a menu, cook and freeze stuff (sometimes), etc. 

Also, DD doesn't get a bath every night.  Sometimes we're both just too darn tired and I'm okay with that. 

• Options
    DH and my schedules are wacky. Our house is rarely cleaned. It gets cleaned about once a month to be honest, but picked up on a weekly basis. Its one of those things where I try to not let it bother me. Theres more important things like spending time with each other or making "me" time. The only tip I have is if Im going upstairs for something, I try to take something up there with me, and bring something back down, so its picked up all the time.
  • Options

I have a cleaning lady come 2x/month. She doesn't do everything but the things that I think are important, so it's only a 3-hour job and is more affordable.

I don't bathe my kids every night. My 3yo hates being washed so it's like 2-3 times per week max.

We cook a lot on Sunday afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"