Indiana Babies
Options

New Momma:)

Hello all! I just found out that I am pregnant with my first child! Leave me your best piece of advice! I am very excited and a little nervous! My estimated due date is Sep 23, 2010:)

Re: New Momma:)

• Options
    Hi and welcome to the board!  I've not been pg, so I have no advice other than to read the boards and post!  I've learned so much from these incredible women over the past 3 years that I've been friends with them.  So, jump in and prepare to bookmark lots of pages!  And congrats!!!
  • Options

Congratulations. :)

If you have morning sickness, don't be afraid to ask for drugs, and if your OB won't give them to you, find a new OB! (I was siiiiiiiiick, lol.)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    welcome!
  • Options
    Congrats and Welcome!!!! 
    Deleted
  • Options
    congrats and welcome.  tell us more about yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options

Tell us more about yourself! :)

Best advice? Don't listen to what anyone else says and do things your own way - now while you're pregnant, and after the baby arrives! 

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options

Hello and welcome!  As far as advice goes, sometimes you just have to go with the flow as a parent.  You'll be given lots of advice before and after baby - you need to go with what you feel comfortable with.

Sara ;)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I just wanted to say hello because I'm pregnant as well and due the day before you!! :) It's really exciting and nerve racking at the same time! Congrats!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
  • Options
    Congrats, welcome and ditto Lauren!
  • Options
    Well, my name is Savannah. I am 24 and I am a dental assistant. I am actually getting ready to go back to school for dental hygiene. (thats the person that cleans your teeth). I just got engaged on Jan 21, 2010 (my 24th bday also) and then 2 days later found out that I'm expecting! So it has been a very eventful year already! I was planning on a September wedding but now....I'm planning on a September baby! I am very happy and excited, and so is my fiance. It isn't exactly how we planned it...but life happens right? I live in Martinsville, IN. Its a "small town" or so they say haha. It might not be a glamorous life, but its my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. My family is here and I would never want to be too far from them! My mom is my best friend, I tell her everything! And you couldn't imagine how excited she was to find out that she is going to be a grandma!! It only took about 10 minutes after I told her for the rest of my family to find out! She is nuts...oh but how I love her! I have a best friend that I have literally known my whole life (well lets make that her whole life since she is 9 months younger than me). She just had a baby boy Brandt Andrew Ray on Dec 11, 2009. So she is SUPER excited that I am having one now! They are going to be best friends like we were...and still are:). She also had a little girl on July 15, 2008 by emergency C-section. Courtney's placenta separated from her uterus and the little Emma Joan was not receiving any oxygen or nutrition, she only lived for 56 minutes. RIP EMMA, your a loved and missed.  One of my other good friends is expecting a little boy in April! So we are going to have lots of play dates! I can't wait! My finance and I are currently living with his parents (in an apartment in their basement). We were living in a house that we were renting, but our landlords put it up for sale....and we couldn't find anywhere else at the time. Hopefully VERY soon we will be out on our own again. Our little one will be blessed with 2 wonderful aunts, Cheyenne (my sister), and Chelsi (Scotty's sister). Both of our families are so excited. And this baby is going to be spoiled rotten! Between my mom, Scotty's mom and Scotty's grandma (they are all shop-a-holics) we will have plenty of material things, but the one thing that he will have the most of, is love! We both are full of love for this life growing inside of me already. I can't imagine how it will be when he/she is born. I also can't wait to find out the sex! I'm only 6 weeks along and it is driving me crazy already to know what it is! I am hoping for a little boy, everyone else wants a girl. But, I will be happy with either as long as its healthy!! I am very luck to have a cousin that works at St. Francis in Mooresville, IN. She works for Dr. James Perry OB. She will be there to help through all of my pregnancy and delivery! Thank god for her! Ohhhh and one last thought/request for all of my new mommy friends....If I do have a boy, my fiance wants to name him after him (Scott Edwin Colwell Jr.) I am VERY opposed to this. I do not want my child to be called little scotty, SJ, Junior, or any other one of those "mini me" names. haha. It is just not my style. I like the name Jackson Tucker, which we BOTH picked out, however he says that he has always wanted to name his first born son after him. The thought makes me a little cringe...(ok maybe a little exaggerated) but I don't know how to come to an agreeance with him! HELP!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"