Breastfeeding
Options

2 ?'s: Anyone have implants? Anyone take Reglan?

Just wondering who else may be sharing a similar experience! I'm thinking of asking the Dr. about Reglan but don't want the depression side effects I keep reading about. Low supply sucks Sad
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 ?'s: Anyone have implants? Anyone take Reglan?

• Options
    Have you tried herbal supplements such as fenugreek, more milk special blend, or alfalfa? I had a breast reduction and these are what I use. I didn't want to go near Reglan bc of the depression issue...nursing and having a newborn were already so stressful I didn't want the risk of something serious mentally.
  • Options

Have your implants affected your supply? I have them and I have had no issues at all.. Mine are under the muscle, and are not supposed to interfere with milk ducts.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've was placed on Reglan last spring for some non-pregnancy related issues. It was the worst experience...ever. Other than depression, a side effect that is just as worse, and what I dealt with is uncontrolable body movements. Arms that will twitch out of nowhere, legs that do the same. This is a side effect that my Dr. told me if it isn't stopped, can become permanent. It was also making it so that I would wake up unable to move my arms and legs for a few minutes. Needless to say, I got off the Reglan and fortunately all the symptoms went away in a few weeks.

I would avoid it at all costs. Although I'm not a Dr, I can only share my experience with you.

• Options

Wow that's a scary thing to have happen to you. I called dr. today he said he would send me a script but I don't know the dosage. Your message has me rethinking it though...

Yes my implants are also under the muscle. I can get no more than 2oz per breast when both were working properly! I take fenugreek, mothers milk tea and just started blessed thistle. I was told by the LC that breast surgery moms can almost never be able to EBF b/c the nerves have been cut to some degree but she considered me her most successful implant mom yet. I just wish my left breast would wake up again! I really wanted to make it to 6 mo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"