Orange County Babies

Stuffy Nose, What to do?

My poor little DD is breathing so hard. She has her first cold :-( I've tried the bugger sucker thing and I have the humidifier going but it's not helping...any suggestions welcomed! I just wish I could take it away from her...she can't even sleep.

Re: Stuffy Nose, What to do?

• O no! I'm sorry. When Mia had her first cold at 8 months she wouldnt eat or sleep. I felt so bad for her. I took her to the pedi and asked him to tell me how to help, even though you're supposed to wait it out with just a humidifier. He told us its ok to give Children's Dimatapp (Cold & Allergy) to give her some relief. The amount was dependent on weight. And I know 99% of people say you shouldnt give Dimatapp, but I trusted our pedi. It was so nice to see her get some sleep and be able to take a bottle. I'd ask your pedi what he/she thinks about OTC cold meds. Hope she gets better really really soon!?
  • Thanks. She is actually doing much better today. She is eating tons, more than ever. It was a rough night, she woke up almost every two hours. We sat in the bathroom with hot water running to take in the steam and it seem to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good! Glad to hear she's better. DD has been sick too and it never gets easier to see them with a cold!
  • The saline nose drops worked wonders for B when she had her 1st cold.  She hated it but it really helped with drainage.  I think they are called Little Noses.  Good luck!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLMBESQ:
    The saline nose drops worked wonders for B when she had her 1st cold.  She hated it but it really helped with drainage.  I think they are called Little Noses.  Good luck!

this!  It really helps to loosen it up for maximum boog-suckage with the aspirator. :)
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"