Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Will my supply come back?

Due to an enormous amount of stress over the last week, my supply of BM has decreased quite a bit.  Before I could get about 2 oz from each side every 3 hours or so, now I'm only getting about 1 oz.  I'm sure it's from a combination of stress and not eating enough, but I've been working on both.  Is it common for the supply to come back after a downfall like this or am I doomed after such a decrease?

Re: Will my supply come back?

• Options

you're early enough that I wouldn't call you "doomed" for sure... just concentrate on getting enough calories, staying well hydrated, and try oatmeal every day.

Good luck!

• Options

The same thing happened to me.  I was really stressed and my BM dropped from about 2.5oz every 3 hours to less than 1oz.  Try pumping every hour to get it to come back.  I over-reacted and had my doctor prescribe a drug that helps increase your milk supply.  It made me feel super drowsy to the point where I couldn't pick up my son, and I got off of it right away.  I thought my BM supply would disappear again, but it came back since I kept pumping regularly.  Hang in there, I'm almost sure it will come back if you keep pumping.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine decreased for awhile and it is definitely back now. I am a fan of skin to skin time with baby. We did this for a few feedings everyday and I know it really helped.  Taking hot showers before I fed her helped and of course making sure I nursed her every couple of hours for a few days helped.  After all of that I was making too much milk for awhile.  Anyways, maybe try one or all of these things.  My nurse is the person who had me try these things.
  • Options
    In addition to PP's suggestions, you could try herbs like fenugreek (3 pills 3x day). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"