Infertility
Options

Brother in law's awful comment

I spent this afternoon visiting family-parents, brother and SIL, sister and BIL, cousin and husband and 4 young children, the oldest 2 1/2.  My brother in law, whom I could never stand said to me out of the blue, "It's too bad you'll never have a baby since your husband is now crippled."  Confused  He shot a bull's eye into one of my greatest fears and something I am too afraid to even think about.

WTF would anyone say that to me when I have a hard enough time just keeping it together?  Thank goodness my brother said something to him.  I left shortly afterwards because I just didn't want to be in his presence. 

Anyone know a hitman for hire?  Stick out tongue

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Brother in law's awful comment

• Options

::throatpunch::

Who says things like that?!

I am so sorry Mo - he is a major douche!

(((hugs))) 

SAIFW
    TTC since 2008 dx PCOS & MFI
    Clomid/Femara no "O"
    IVF #1 BFN
    FET #1 cancelled for biopsy
    FET #1.2 c/p, July 2012 c/p
    IUI #1 & 1.2 canceled
    IVF #2 ER 12/1, Freeze all due to OHSS
    FET #2.1 cancelled due to DVT risk, FET #2.2 Jan 2013
    my blog
  • Options
    HOLY SH!T!!!!! That is so f*ed up!!!! I will personally go and kill him for you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG!  That is so inappropriate and insensitive.  I'm so sorry he said that to you!  ((hugs))
    Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options
    Ugh, no class. No! No manners! I'm glad your brother said something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is horrible of your BIL!  So sorry you had to deal with his comment on top of everything else!!
  • Options
    total douchebag!  i'm so sorry that you had to put up with him.  that is just so wrong.  he sounds like an a$$.
  • Options

What an effin a$$!!  He deserved a BIG FISTED THROAT PUNCH if ever anyone did.

I am so very sorry he said you had to endure that. I'm glad your brother was able to speak up for you.

Hugs....

• Options

Wow! I would have punched in the balls and said, "Hope you have all the kids you want, because now you're sterile".

What an ass. I'm so sorry you had to hear that and glad that your brother said something to him.

• Options

That's.so.wrong.

Hope the rest of your trip home has been a better experience. 

• Options

Are you kidding?  What a complete and total d-bag!!  Why would anyone say that ever.

I'm sorry cutie (((HUGS)))

I think I may have kicked him in the balls

If you want me to take care of him I'll happily head to Chicago.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    OMG!!!! What a horribly insensitive jerk!! How do people like that live with themselves?? I am so sorry!
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG. I am so sorry you had to deal with him!
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I don't even have words!!  Just I am so sorry that he is such an idiot!!!!

(((HUGS)))

• Options

The D bag probably thought it was funny in his warped, over drugged and over alcoholed mind.  I always knew he was a total A hole but this is above and beyond even for him.

And he is able to procreate at will while my husband and so many other responsible, caring men who would make great parents cannot.

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageJlynn3:

::throatpunch::

Who says things like that?!

I am so sorry Mo - he is a major douche!

(((hugs))) 

Exactly this.  WTF says shiit like that???  What an a$$hole.

TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hold, on, let me pull my chin off the floor. I can't believe anyone could say that to you!!! He has to be one of the biggest asholes in the world. I'm soooo sorry Mo. (((hugs))) And come on, we're from Chicago...hitmans are a dime a dozen Wink
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • Options
    Seriously?  That is so heartless!  What a jackass.  I am so sorry you have to spend time with someone like that and I am glad that your brother stuck up for you. 
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad your brother said something.  What an asshat. 
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    oh.my.god. I cannot believe he said that. I am so sorry
  • Options
    imageTarahville:

Wow! I would have punched in the balls and said, "Hope you have all the kids you want, because now you're sterile".

What an ass. I'm so sorry you had to hear that and glad that your brother said something to him.

Yes, a swift kick to the balls with steel toed boots and then a knock out punch is what he needs.  I hope your brother went off on him.   I hope the rest of your trip goes well and you don't have to see your BIL again.  I am so sorry hon.  

((hugs))  Why are people so mean?  poor Mofree- you need a break. 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options
    OMG I am in disbelief. The tragedy you two just went through is most likely going to bring you even closer together. Its just a matter of letting him heal before you can go full throttle TTC. What kind of useless trash would say that to someone? He must be such a miserable person. Stay far, far away from that one. So sorry you had to deal with that.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is absolutely horrible!  Wow...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. What an ***..
    TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    What an A$$. I don't think I would ever talk to him again. I am so sorry.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Im so disgusted, I just cannot get over the shock of someone saying this....

1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had to deal with that. Seriously, what kind of a person says something like that? I am glad your brother was around to look out for you.
  • Options

You have got to be kidding me! Unbelievable. I hope your family ripped him a new one after you left.

I think we could find an army of hitwomen on the bump. Let's go girls.

• Options
    what a jacka$$. Super Angry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry but is your BIL even a human being? Because it is beyond comprehension that any human being could say something so cruel...unbelievable. I'm so sorry you had to hear something like that.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    What a certified jerk!  I'm glad your brother shut him up. 
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no words. I'm pretty sure I would have slapped him and unleashed the holy fires of hell on him. What a dirtbag.
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hate your BIL. My husband is crippled AND he has a vascular disorder. If someone said that to me I think I would punch them in the nads.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

What the HELLLLLLLL is wrong with people!!???

?

DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    Your brother in law is a douche.  He deserves being slapped for this.  I'm so sorry you had to hear such cruelty from someone who is both horrible and close to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"