Breastfeeding

Do I really need...

...nursing tops? Are they that much easier than just lifting your shirt up? TIA
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Do I really need...

• never used them but my boobs are way big. No top could've held'em:)
  • No.  But bras and/or tanks - yes.

The best solution for me is to either wear a nursing tank or nursing bra and regular tank under a regular shirt.  That way I can pull up my shirt but still be mostly covered ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • I really like to have my stomach covered, because I get cold, so a nursing tank under a regular shirt works well for me. The tank has a built in bra.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I'm glad to hear I don't need to purchase yet another wardrobe! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • I don't have any and I am fine.  At night, I just sleep in my regular bra and when it's time to feed DS, I just take the boob out of the cup.  This has been working perfectly fine for me.  

When company comes, it depends who it is in terms of what I do.  I will whip my boob out in front of a few people - like my girlfriends, my sister, my mom.  But if I am not comfortable, I just go somewhere they can't see me but can still be included in the conversation.  If I don't care to be iincluded (like when the pesky in-laws are here), I go in the bedroom and shut the door.  I am often known to just sit there for a while after DS is done nursing to avoid them lol.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FYI my boobs are huge too (they were before pregnancy too) and no top would hold me either.  I bought one nursing tank- size XL and it barely covers my nipples lol.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You don't NEED them- but if you have a well designed one- I promise you will LOVE IT.
    One other clothing item that I found pretty great to have was a nursing dress- for special occasions- weddings, funerals, church etc-  I know you can dress up in slacks or a skirt- but I guess- it that after a while you start to feel a little restricted about your clothing options because you always have to accomidate the boob (as if getting dressed up isn't hard enough!)... and putting on a dress felt really nice once in a while.

I have a collection of long colorful tank tops I pair with coordinated tops.  I cut nursing slits in them and wear them tucked into jeans- when I pull my shirt up- they keep my belly warm and covered.  I love nursing tanks too- but I'm tall and I remember that they were always a little too short for me- and now that jeans are cut lower and lower... I wonder if they have since added any length to those designs.

• I would definitely recommend getting nursing tanks.  I got mine at Target and they were pretty cheap and worked great.  Like others said, it is nice to not have to expose your stomach all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"