Austin Babies
Options

Upset tummy =/= allergy, right?

DS had a really upset stomach today and was super clingy, fussy, and lethargic until he threw up and had one of the nastiest dirty diapers I've ever seen.  Then he was totally fine.  In quizzing DH, I found out he had eggs for the first time this morning.  I think he's had bits of egg before, but never anything more than a little bite. Throwing up was about 4 hours after eating and the diaper was about 2 hours after that.  He didn't have a rash, other than his face getting red and splotchy, which is very normal for him, particularly in this weather.

What do you think?  Is it safe to assume it just didn't sit well or do I need to be concerned about a food allergy.

Re: Upset tummy =/= allergy, right?

• Options
    Don't know...but we were in the ER tonight.  Marisa was super lethargic (scary), feverish, pukey.  Doc said there's a GI thing going around, and told us to expect some nasty diapers as well.  So it could be a bug, not an allergy.
  • Options

imageKateAggie:
    Don't know...but we were in the ER tonight.  Marisa was super lethargic (scary), feverish, pukey.  Doc said there's a GI thing going around, and told us to expect some nasty diapers as well.  So it could be a bug, not an allergy.

Yikes, no fun!  I hope she's feeling better.  Our families had H1N1 at the same time- are we on the same sick schedule or something??

DS wasn't feverish, maybe a little warm, but not enough to even take his temp.  He is normally so active, so while I love cuddles, it was very out of character for him to have his head on my shoulder for an hour.  

Hugs to Marisa (and you)- hope it passes quickly.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

has he been congested?

both of my guys have super sensitive stomachs and will throw up w/ too much drainage (which also makes their diapers a mess).

• Options
    Emer--hope we're not sharing illnesses again!!  Is he feeling better today?
  • Options

imageKateAggie:
    Emer--hope we're not sharing illnesses again!!  Is he feeling better today?

He is totally fine today and slept reasonably well last night.

He was a little congested.  His nose was only slightly runny, but he coughed some and you could definitely tell there was some gunk in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"