High-Risk Pregnancy

I am getting so hungry between meal and snack!

Again I'm new to GD, and I will see the dietician hopefully by Tues so I'm doing my best to keep my carbs down over the weekend.

For breakfast I had 2 pieces of wheat toast and egg, and then 2 hours (or 1 1/2 hours) later I had an apple with PB.

Its another 1 1/2 hours later and I'm STARVING! I'm making a lean cuisine pizza (not sure if this is bad but its 43g of carbs) for lunch and I'll have my snack in 2 hours.

I'm just getting hungry between my meal and snack. I'm use to eating A LOT. I don't like feeling this way. Help!

Re: I am getting so hungry between meal and snack!

• I completely understand, I was just diagnosed with GD and this is my 2nd day on a low carb diet.  I never worried about carbs or anything before so this has been eye-opening.  Yesterday was my first day and like you between breakfast and lunch I felt like I was starving!  The remainder of the day was better and today so far has been better than yesterday.  I must say I count the hours until my next meal.   

It is hard I know - I am so used to grazing all day on anything I wanted (even pre-pregnancy)  Big Smile

Take care!

• It sounds like you need more protein.  That's what will keep you full longer.  For example I have an egg, 1 piece of toast, and 1 piece of cheese for breakfast.  Maybe try that.  How much PB did you have with the apple?  Maybe you need more. 

Your lunch is fine for the carbs, but it's not a lunch I would pick because I think it's going to leave you hungry and it's not very well rounded. You should be eating a small fruit and veggie with lunch too.  Plus the pizza isn't going to have that much protein.  A turkey burger or a chicken sandwich, with a salad, and an orange would leave you much fuller IMO.  

Part of it's probably just the adjustment too.  I hope it gets easier.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageToBeMrsT:

It sounds like you need more protein.  That's what will keep you full longer.  For example I have an egg, 1 piece of toast, and 1 piece of cheese for breakfast.  Maybe try that.  How much PB did you have with the apple?  Maybe you need more. 

Your lunch is fine for the carbs, but it's not a lunch I would pick because I think it's going to leave you hungry and it's not very well rounded. You should be eating a small fruit and veggie with lunch too.  Plus the pizza isn't going to have that much protein.  A turkey burger or a chicken sandwich, with a salad, and an orange would leave you much fuller IMO.  

Part of it's probably just the adjustment too.  I hope it gets easier.  GL!

I added a salad w/cheese with the pizza. I know that that pizza would not be filling. I think you are right, I should have used more PB with the apple, I definately did not. I was just dipping the apple slices into the container. 

• Just be careful w/ the peanut butter. It can raise your BS.

Definitly more protien at each meal. Add an egg or 2 w/ cheese to your breakfast. 1 slice of toast.

Lunch add chicken to the salad.

Lean protien will keep you full longer.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm having the same issue, except I'm don't have GD, but have gained over 30 lbs already so my doctor wants me to do the GD diet.  I'm used to eating more for my morning snack and less in the afternoon.  The meal plan that my doctor/nutritionist gave me says for my morning snack - fruit and that's it, the afternoon snack is 1 starch, 1 fruit, and 1 milk - do you think it would be ok to swap those two snacks?  I am most hungry in the morning so it's killing me between breakfast and lunch to just have an apple. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"