1st Trimester
Options

Zumba anyone?

I've been doing Zumba for the past two weeks and I lurve it. Of course I'm going to ask my Dr. if I can continue doing it, however I just wanted to see if any of you ladies do Zumba now that you are pg?

Re: Zumba anyone?

• Options
    I am. I had to take a few weeks off b/c of bleeding, but I've been back at it since last week. I LOVE Zumba!
  • Options

I'm SO *not* good at Zumba.

I went to one class where the instructor laughed at me. Devil

I would guess your dr will tell you, just like any other exercise, take things slower to keep you heart rate down. But make sure to ask & report back. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm jumping in and totally not pregnant, but the one time I did zumba I was like 13 weeks pregnant and I puked in the car on the way home.  (and my morning sickness had been done for like 3 weeks)  I do not have fond memories!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They just started a zumba session where I work a few weeks ago so I've been doing it. I love it! The first week I felt a tiny bit dizzy afterwords so I ate a bit before my second class and seemed to do better. It's so much fun even though I'm not the least bit coordinated!
  • Options

I started Zumba a little over a week ago and am addicted. I feel so much better when I'm done and it's helped my nausea. I plan to talk to my Dr. about it tomorrow as well, but I'm sure she'll say that if I've done it and haven't had problems it's fine. Those who only tried it once, go back. I felt ridiculous until my 3rd or 4th time. Then it got so much better and I would consider myself to be a little on the big side and very uncoordinated.

I posted on the 3rd try last week asking how far along they were when they had to quit and most of them said 20 weeks because they peed when they bounced. : )

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I still do Zumba.  As long as your pregnancy is complication-free, you should be able to exercise throughout your entire pregnancy.
  • Options

I still teach Zumba, as long as you modify your steps you are good to go. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"