Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Is it too late to send birth announcements?

I really wanted to send out birth annoncements when DS was born, but it took almost a month to get our newborn pics back and now I'm feeling like it might be silly to send out announcements since everyone already knows that our baby was born over a month ago.  What do you think?  How soon do you need to send announcements if you're going to send them at all?

Re: Is it too late to send birth announcements?

• Options
    I don't have DS' birth announcements yet. Pretty much everyone has already met him in person. Better late than never is how I see it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Crap, I hope it's not too late because we haven't ordered ours yet either!  I don't think anyone keeps track of when they receive them, to be honest.  At least I haven't!  Then again I still haven't finished my shower thank you notes (I got really bad carpal tunnel syndrome and could not write), so perhaps I'm just a bad example :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just sent mine last week. Regardless of how late they were, people really enjoyed getting a picture of my DD.
  • Options
    I used DDs one month pictures and sent them out when she was 6 or 7 weeks old. No one complained. Stick out tongue
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    We just sent ours out, and it was a little late, but whatever... Big Smile
  • Options
    We sent them out right after one month.
  • Options
    I sent mine about 3 - 4 weeks after the birth of DD.  Everyone knew, but few had seen photos.
  • Options
    I just started shopping myself for birth announcements.  I think people understand that you have more important things to do in the first weeks after having a baby, and regardless of people seeing pictures on things like Facebook, I think everyone likes a tangible picture/announcement.
  • Options
    Oh good... I think I'll go ahead and order them tomorrow then :)
  • Options
    I own a birth announcement business, and most of my customers order when the baby is around one month old. But I have had orders as late as 4 months old! I think that is pushing it a bit, but 1 month is perfectly fine. I sent my own announcements out when both my babies were 2 months old. 
  • Options
    Im sending ours out this week.  I figure that people will like to see them whether its two weeks or two months after birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just ordered my pics today. Its not to late.  People will be happy to get them.
  • Options

i don't think it's too late at all. people will love getting a pic of your LO.

You could even do a Valentine's Day themed card.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"