Minnesota Babies
Options

worried about the health of my baby and me...being 18 and a mommy-2-be for the first time?!

i just 6 months pregnant and i went to the doctor and they are worried about my high blood pressure. should i be worried too? and my spinal problems are getting worst since i have been pregnant (i have scoliosis;curvecer of the spine)...so i just dont know what to do while being a high-risk .  

Re: worried about the health of my baby and me...being 18 and a mommy-2-be for the first time?!

• Options
    High bloods pressure can cause a lot of problems during pregnancy. Just keep monitoring it! Good luck :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If your doctor has classified you as "high-risk", then they will be monitoring you very closely when you visit as far as high blood pressure or any other medical issues you might be dealing with.

Definitely listen to them and tell them about your back pain/spinal problems (if they don't already know).

For your blood pressure, take things slow & easy.  Being really worried adds stress which can increase your blood pressure, which isn't good for you or for your little one.
    If you feel dizzy or see floaty "spots" in your vision...please let your doctor know right away!

Good luck and wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"