Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

DS is finally saying a few words!

I'm so excited! One of those words is "no" and I'm sure it will get old fast, but right now it's music to my ears. Totally adorable. He's also repeating (or trying to imitate) more words. We started ST about 4 weeks ago, and progress! I'm inclined to think he probably would have made progress around now anyhow because it doesn't seem that she has done anything truly different or magical with him, but either way, I'm happy with something. It's hard to see other kids his age SO much ahead and trying to explain to strangers that no, he isn't just shy or dumb, just speech delayed. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS is finally saying a few words!

• Options
    That's awesome!
  • Options
    That is fantastic!  My nephew had a pretty big speech delay. Well over 2 years old.   As soon as he started he didn't stop!  He is right on track now
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great!  I'm sure he be caught up before you know it.
  • Options
    Isn't that the greatest thing to hear?!  My son (also named Evan Andrew!!) also has a speech delay.  He was late in saying his first word, had a slower vocab and still cannot say 2 word sentences.  He is 2.5 yrs old now.  I have had him in and out of speech therapy since 18 mos old.  It can be very discouraging to hear his peers speaking in paragraphs when my son cant say 2 words together.  I am starting him in a 2 yr old preschool this week as recommended by his therapist for more exposure to speaking.  Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww yay!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yay so happy for you!  I know how you feel...DS has problems with language as well, and I celebrate over every new word.  Since he has started daycare a few months ago, he has made tremendous progress and it seems there are new words daily.  It really is music to my ears!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"