Parenting

POLL: 2nd, 3rd.. Pregnancy size

I have been told that subsequent pregnancies start to show sooner. 

Questions:

1) When did you start to show with your first? When did you start with your 2nd?

2) How much bigger would you say you were at the same months the 2nd time vs. the 1st time?

Thanks!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.

Re: POLL: 2nd, 3rd.. Pregnancy size

• 1) When did you start to show with your first? 12 weeks When did you start with your 2nd?8 weeks3rd?7 weeks (all are based on first pregnancy comments) 2) How much bigger would you say you were at the same months the 2nd time vs. the 1st time?I got bigger faster however at the end I was smaller each time as were my babies.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I don't know officially when I started to show, but yes, I definitely "showed" earlier with each subsequent pregnancy.  At the very least, I was into my fat/maternity clothes earlier and earlier.

2) By the second tri, I was the same size with each pregnancy.  But I'm "weird" (according to my CNM as well as everyone else).  I know that in terms of fundal measurements and weight gain, they were virtually the same for all three pregnancies.

• Loading the player...
  • I did not show sooner with the second. I'm due in 10 weeks. I actually showed way later. I'm carrying this baby a lot lower, so that's part of it. My mom was also smaller eith her second.
    DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • 1) I was wearing maternity pants with #1 around 11/12 weeks.  I was able to wear quite a few pairs of pants using the "rubberband trick" until the beginning of my 3rd trimester.  With #2, I was in the pants around 8w.  By 10w I was visibly pregnant to co-workers.

2) I was bigger the second time around throughout the 1st trimester.  Probably halfway through my second trimester I leveled out and was pretty comparable in size to my first pregnancy.  I gained (and lost in the first tri) about the same amount both times.

• I was in maternity pants the first time by about 9 weeks. It was the bloat. It was HORRIBLE.

This time, I wore my regular pants through my first trimester.

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • I didn't show any sooner with #2.  I was about the same size the whole way through, except I think I was actually smaller at the very end with #2.  He was a full two pounds lighter and two inches shorter than #1, so that explained a lot!  #1 was a big baby and I got pg w/ #2 expecting a monster!  Not the case!
    DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Hello MFN! Interesting question!

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • I think I'm showing at pretty much the same point. I'm almost 17 weeks and I think I'm showing. (However I still get told I don't look pg, so maybe I just look fat.) I was in maternity at 17 wks with DD.

I'm bigger now than last time. Belly size is probably pretty close. I started off 10 lbs heavier and gained a lot in my butt, hips, and thighs already. :(

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"