3rd Trimester
Options

hanging letters above crib ?

so DH is racking his brain about how to hang them without ruining the walls. our letters do not have ribbons. we also have to hang an "L" so he thinks putting a hook/hanger on the back will not make it level...any ideas? how did you hang yours?

Re: hanging letters above crib ?

• Options
    I made my own letters and stapled the ribbon onto the backs to hang them instead of using the holes in the back to hang.  Not sure how an L would work with that though ... sorry!
  • Options
    i would use the ribbon idea, and hang them to where they hang a little crooked. i did my daughter's letters like that and they look cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I stapled ribbon to the back.  Here is a PIP

• Options
    We used the 3M velcro stuff.  I was worried it would take the paint off the walls, but they came off just fine when we moved my DD into her big girl room.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thanks for ideas ladies...i'll run them by him to see what he he wants to do.
  • Options

we attached ours w/Command Strips https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/

we had an L too

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know how your letters are built, but what about putting a small shelf above the crib, and setting the letters up on that?  Of course, you need to think about how to make them stick to the shelf, so they don't fall off onto LO!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used velcro.  It worked out great.
  • Options
    We did not hang anything over the crib. Don't you have another spot in the room that you can hang them? We used tiny nails to hang ours.
  • Options
    Fishing wire might work too, but then you'd have to put small holes in the wall to hang them of course.
  • Options
    Unless he plans to hang them with giant anchors, a simple small nail per letter will not ruin the wall.  I'm always confused with the question.  That is what spackle is for....eventually, just spackle the hole and paint over it. 
  • Options
    imagehamson17:
    Unless he plans to hang them with giant anchors, a simple small nail per letter will not ruin the wall.  I'm always confused with the question.  That is what spackle is for....eventually, just spackle the hole and paint over it. 

Exactly this.

However, with the L, I would say use velcro instead of nails.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"